Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This ammo shoots well in my picky M76 chambered in 7.62x71 NATO. I can't complain. My local Wally World has it for sale by the case.

The ZQ1 in 5.56 is a bit difficult to find now but the pnic may subside as the ATF threw in the towel.

Reactions: Akfite

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
I haven't tried it yet myself,,keep us informed how it performs. Around here it's priced about the same as commercial ammo and isn't all that much of a bargain, so I haven't gotten any.

I have been curious about it though so let us know how it is once you've tried it out.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Hummm,that's weird,,it's listed at 9.90 something a box around here too, but if I recall it was much higher than that last I saw it there. Maybe I'd better double check next time I'm there and see what it is for sure,I may have misread the label, they are in a cabinet behind the counter and you can't really see the prices on stuff all that well sometimes. Least wise my old eyes can't!!!

I don't really need any but that's not really bad for 308. Thanks for the heads up on it.

·
THE 9mm ADDICT
4,175 Posts
Filled that last case of empty UZI mags out there in the storage place. Got to order another case of 9mm this weekend.

I love them LULA LOADERS!

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
You bet Musibike,,last time I shot the PPS43 my thumb was dead after loading several mags,,,several times,,

Phewww , so much of a core to load ,,,but,, Oh So Easy ,,to empty !!!:lol::lol:
Wonder What causes that???:uzi:

Wonder if any of those fit the 43 mags?? I'll have to look sometime ,when I had some spare cash again,,spring projects are going to keep me broke for a bit.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NOTICE ZQ1 AMMO

Though the supply of ZQI 5.56 x 45 mm SS109 dwindles in Walmart stores, we are committed to making it available for purchase indefinitely through our website, ZQIammo.com. We are aware that Walmart’s low retail price compelled many of you to make ZQI your go-to 5.56 ammo, and we appreciate the many positive reviews and encouragements by which you have welcomed us to the marketplace. At this point of transition for our company, we want you to know that $0.33/round was a Walmart-initiated clearance price that is not possible for us to replicate without going out of business. That said, we know price is a significant driving factor in the transaction of any commodity, and though we will not be able to approach the prices at which Walmart was willing to part with ZQI products, we will nonetheless strive, going forward, to ensure the prices we do offer are competitive when viewed against a backdrop of the overall market. At the same time, we hope you will consider the following non-monetary reasons to continue buying ZQI Ammunition…

1) As our customer you have unlimited phone and email access to a real person who can answer your questions, discuss ammunition and firearms in technical detail, and take your comments and suggestions seriously.

2) We offer high-quality products that we stand behind. We expect each of our ammunition products to perform to the relevant standard, and will entertain requests for product replacement or reimbursement if it is evident that our ammunition was the cause of a repeated stoppage or malfunction.

3) You can rest assured that the owners and employees of ZQI Ammunition are principled business people who are committed to providing ammunition products to our fellow Americans for the long haul. We are ardent supporters of the U.S. Constitution and the traditional values that made our country great in the first place.

·
Registered
993 Posts
So there not going to be selling to Walmart anyone more! Hmmmm.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZQI Facebook Post:

We really appreciate all of you who have expressed genuine interest in the future of ZQI Ammunition as it has become apparent in recent weeks that there is almost no ZQI SS109 remaining in Walmart stores. At the same time, I want to be very clear in refuting the partially lingering assumption that we are CHOOSING to leave Walmart and correspondingly to increase our prices significantly.

I would like to set the record straight once more…

$0.33 was an artificial price from the get-go, and we could never, at any time in the past, have made a business by selling SS109 to anyone for that price, let alone less. Therefore, it is not as though we have a choice to stay in Walmart but are choosing to leave. We don't have a choice, because there is no possible way for us to sell this ammo to Walmart in a way that enables Walmart to continue retailing it for $0.33. This $0.33 retail price was offered for a time entirely courtesy of Walmart. It was a clearance price. We can’t be the cheapest SS109 ammo on the face of the earth going forward -- for one, our products are cleaner burning than the SS109 that can be made the cheapest, and you can expect them to be more consistently reliable, since not a single round of ZQI SS109 is knowingly sold as a NATO STANAG reject.

Does the burden remain on us to compete for and win a sustainable place in the market going forward? Absolutely, and we are up for the challenge.

With that, I'll reiterate my offer to anyone who would like to see ZQI Ammunition for sale on the shelves of their local gun store for a competitive price. Fill out our Recruit-a-Dealer form found at the link below, and receive a reward if the dealer you recruit makes an initial purchase from us by June 1st.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ZQI-Ammunition/199504356925348

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went to Wally World today and they had some ZQ1 (7.62x51) on the shelf. So I got it while it was available. Not sure about the difference between the "white" and "light green" box tho.

ZQ1A.jpg

That's 980 rounds. Apparently somebody got a box before I came around.

·
THE 9mm ADDICT
4,175 Posts
My WALLY WORLD let me buy two little boxes of the GREEN ones last night.

Just in case I need to use the AR10 to take out a volkswagen with?

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just bought more 7.62x51 ammo in The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia (Wally World in Yuba City, CA).

Meanwhile ...

·
Registered
15,204 Posts
Some nice looking guns there Black Blade thanks for posting the pics .
Have you shot them much ?

None of that ammo in my walmarts I could use some 7.62 myself.

Thank god I reload or Id have to quite shooting .

·
Registered
993 Posts
Was at my local walmart today and there it was 308 ammo by these guys. I thought they stopped selling this in walmarts?

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was at my local walmart today and there it was 308 ammo by these guys. I thought they stopped selling this in walmarts?
That's what I thought too. But I just bought 18 more boxes today.

·
Registered
454 Posts
That's what I thought too. But I just bought 18 more boxes today.
I find it everytime I go and buy a few. $9.95/20rnds before taxes, cant beat it!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Some Walmarts are out, some have access. they are shifting supplies around the stores. Contract with WalMart not renewed. So when its gone, its gone. Its trickling off the shelves here. Think I am the only one buying it. :)

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am also buying a few boxes of ZQ1 in 9x19mm as well. At just over $10 a box it comes out to the same as the cheapest online before shipping. Spent some of last night loading handgun mags. ;)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Just got some more at the local wally world today. Plenty in stock.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts