Gunco Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to seem too presumptuous, but I am proud of my firearms. Here are a couple of my AK variants.

Rick

Gordon Tech SLR100H. Bulgarian milled receiver with Hungarian parts. The famous "G" spot is on the barrel. The stock set is Hungarian Elmwood that was available at Global Trades a while back. US parts are the pg, fcg, gas piston.

Norinco NMH90. .223. Pretty much standards except for the U.S. stock and pistol grip. Handguards are E. German modified a little to fit and painted with Alumihyde from Brownells. Inside is a G2 fcg. This is a sweet shooting rifle!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice looking pair! I've got a 5.56 NHM90 that's a great shooter too, needs a little r&r on the finish as it was involved in a "custody battle" and sat dirty and unoiled for some period of time. Definitely fun rifles though.

·
Registered
621 Posts
cz75fan said:
Thought I'd post a pic of my latest acquisition. It's a Romanian SAR-3, with E. German plastic.
All your AK's look EXCELLENT!

But doesn't your German one need the muzzle brake to be authentic?

Supposedly K-VAR sells a threaded front sight block that the ATF says is legal (since only a threaded barrel is illegal). You should of course, call them yourself before installing it, but this seems like a quick and easy way to install a muzzle brake on that rifle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Always nice to have another addition to the family, congrats. :)

I'm not sure if K-var has those fsb's up and running yet but with that German furniture some of the E.German Weiger mags are a must for the SAR3. I love the AK74 look with the bakelite 5.45 mags but 30 >reliable< rounds are more fun than 20!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Does the east german furniture need any triming on the SAR? I had to do some major modification for my Norinco, but the stock set was so cheep it didnt matter. But I'd like to get a SAR and wondered if they bolt right on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
meyerse said:
Does the east german furniture need any triming on the SAR? I had to do some major modification for my Norinco, but the stock set was so cheep it didnt matter. But I'd like to get a SAR and wondered if they bolt right on.

No the E. German stuff went right on. It didn't require it, but I did trim some of the plastic flashing off in spots. The Chinese rifles have thicker receivers, by about 1/2 mm(.020)

I will get a muzzle brake as soon as K-Var get's some made or imported. I think as long as it's the 22mm thread they're legal, of course I hope that will be a thing of the past with any muzzle attachment after Sept. 13, 2004.

I've got plenty of Weigers put back. That's the only bakelite mag I've got. It's just for show:)

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Rick

Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts