Gunco Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, are the weapons forums dead!

In the General Rifle forum I posted a problem I'm having with my Romy .22 trainer that I don't know how to fix, and only 8 folks have even bothered to look at it.

You don't care. You never cared.

Anyway, hoping to hustle one of the gun nuts who lurk in General Discussion to help me out.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I was one of the 8. Just didn't know how to fix it.:)

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:

In the General Rifle forum I posted a problem I'm having with my Romy .22 trainer that I don't know how to fix, and only 8 folks have even bothered to look at it.

Anyway, hoping to hustle one of the gun nuts who lurk in General Discussion to help me out.
I'll check it out. I bought a couple of Romy 22s, and had a problem with one of them.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:

No, you're just gonna' put your eye out!!

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
Well if you told the folks in the weapons forum as much information as you have told us about the problem, maybe you have your answer.

I have one that I had to work on for a while.

So, what's the problem?????

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lupeloff said:
Whatsa matta for it.
"My beloved Romanian .22 trainer has been acting up. Anyone got any ideas?

"It's always operated flawlessly, with the exception of an inherent design flaw that means that you've got to tip the weapon to the right to get an empty case to eject.

"But I've been having problems lately with failure to feed. I'd thought it was a rough chamber, cleaned the heck out of it with a brass brush and the problem went away for a short while. Now the rounds jam into the top of the chamber opening as you try to press the bolt forward, making an indentation in the top of the bullet about halfway towards the cartridge case.

"Any ideas?

"Personally, I think a cottontail broke into my house and sabotaged the weapon."

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Preacher said:
I was one of the 8. Just didn't know how to fix it.:)
Couldn't you at least pray for guidance?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Polish the chamber for the sticking.

You might very carefully bend the lips on the mag so the bullet don't ride to high.

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
I had the same problem. If my memory hasn't failed, I believe I had to work on the mag lips. The angle was incorrect. I'll look at my rifle tomorrow and see if there were any other fixes I had to perform.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I saw the post, but didn't read it cause I knew that whatever it was, I wouldn't know how to fix it. Now that I've read the problem, I know that the only thing you have to do is........well, hell, I have no figgin' idea. I've never even laid hands on a Romy .22 trainer.
Feel better now, Mr. fancy pants psychologist? I've had to admit my shortcomings in public, and get all humble and stuff now, meanwhile feeding your endless need for attention. :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cammobunker said:
Feel better now, Mr. fancy pants psychologist?
Ah, you heard my feelings, you really care. Yes, I'm feeling much better now, although I still need a hug.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
Ah, you heard my feelings, you really care. Yes, I'm feeling much better now, although I still need a hug.
Well.........talk to SD.:)

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
Couldn't you at least pray for guidance?
I'll put in a good word that you get it fixed.

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
There are simply too many forums here. This sight is confusing to navigate and needs to be reordered. Why do we need separate ar and ak sections anyway? I' like to see one page of forums with GD and GW at the top, a section of BYIY, a section of specialized weapons forums, a section of misc forums like the great outdoors, etc. Why does the Great outdoors need a separate page of forums? all this does is spread everyone out too thin.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
We hear your concerns and we will be doing some re-org soon. It is getting confusing to me.

The new posts function is like crack for most people and lots of posts sink quickly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts