Gunco Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm trying to start the New Year off right, and I think I succeeded.
I took the whole family out to the range this morning for some needed family time. Got out there about 10:30 am and didn't leave until 2pm.
We took along 5 rifles and fired over 570 rounds of ammo.
This was my daughters (11 yo) first time out at the range with me, and she had a blast (literally). She found that she likes the .22's and daddy's AR. The FAL was still too much for her and the SKS was too heavy for her liking. My wife got into the AR and the FAL, but I'm having a hard time getting her to bring her face in closer to the sights. Claims she's comfortable the way she's shooting it, and she did seem to do pretty well, especially when she moved on to the steel plates at 100 yds. My son had fired all of them before, but is no lover of the FAL. Guess he'll grow into it.
I didn't get nearly as much time behind the trigger as I wanted to, but I enjoyed watching and helping the kids.
We also got to watch some class 3 autos being fired (AKM, UZI, M-Forgery), still can't convince the wife that I need to waste ammo faster than I do already. All in all it was a good time and I can't think of a better way to waste 3 1/2 hours on a Sunday.
Here's some quick pics from this mornings trip.

Gbob01 w/Yugo M59 SKS
This is my newest one, and it handled great. My opening group was about 1 1/2" at 50yds when sighting it in. Was getting about 3-4 MOA with it.

Gbob01 instucting my son with the FAL

My wife with the AR.

Gbob01 and wifes turn at the bench.

My daughter at the bench with the Yugo M59.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Good for you, looks like you have a great Family and a good life. Great pics.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Looks like a great way to start the year. My first shot with the FAL was memorable. I still have the scar from where the scope hit my eye. It is a big change from the sks I was shootng before.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
I'm happy to see that shooting is a family thing for ya'll..........and it looks like the family really enjoys it too. Good job on raising the kids right.:)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Looks like fun. Good job Dad.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only got one cleaned last night. So needless to say there's a rifle cleaning party at my house. Bring your own patches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts