Gunco Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to head for Alexandria, for the last gunshow of the year. The possibility of finding Santa is strong.:) When I am at a gunshow, I act just like a kid in a candy store. My Friend Rex is going with me so I don't even have to drive. Gonna be a good day.:)

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I'll accept any gifts you buy me in .17 cal rimfire to .50 cal linked MG. Or anything that is sized by gauge. :D

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that didn't take long, that was the smallest the Alec gunshow has ever been. I saw just what you need Pogo, a 4 3/4 " barrel 45 colt on a blackpowder frame, way cool and only $995.00. I picked up a 45-70 bolt action Gibbs on the Enfield action. I don't know what I'll do with it, it just caught my eye.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I notice the shows around here are decent near Christmas when people have money to spend on gifts for others or got cash to buy their own. Hunting season seems to help, too.

The Roberts Center, Wilmington, OH had one of the better shows in my area. The last time I went, a few months ago, the State of Ohio sales tax agents showed up in LEO uniforms and were armed. I never thought sales tax collectors carried pistols....

I think they also had some plainclothes people trying to trick vendors and private sellers into making sales tax mistakes. Very intimidating to everyone and needless to say, no "out the door" deals were made.

Since then, I notice every show at the Roberts Center has been cancelled. I assume that is why.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Cephus said:
I don't know about Ohio but we here can wait till the taxes are due before we have to pay them but as a bussiness you can pay them quarterly.So I don't get what they expected to do until that time, I just and the tax to the purchase aand then when they are due pay'em.
I think they were afraid some vendors or private sellers were not charging sales tax with "out the door prices" and perhaps not ringing up all their cash sales so they would under report the ultimate sales tax.

Why they picked on gun shows is anyone's guess.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
The last Indy 500 Gun Show in Indianapolis was the best I've ever been to. They have it at the fairgrounds, and the last time they used two exhibitor buildings instead of one. And almost every square inch of floor space in both buildings was filled with tables with guns on them. There were the usual tables of jerky, Nazi crap, and Pakastani knives, but not too many. I'm just a waiting to head down to the next Indy show again in January.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Lupeloff said:
I am getting ready to head for Alexandria, for the last gunshow of the year.
Last one; what ya yalkin' about? Got one here in Kenner in a week. 18th and 19th at the Pontchatrain Center. Only about a three hour drive from Leesville. I'll be at that one looking for any ammo deals to be had. That and maybe a few small accessories.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts