Gunco Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to work late tonight and when I got home it seemed like a good idea to have some of the Wild Turkey 101 I got for Christmas. tomorrow i have to go to a maximum security prison to interview some thugs but tonight (even though it is very warm in VA) it seems like a good night for WT101.

Why is it so hard to type????????

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Chromebolt said:
Why is it so hard to type????????
Have you already drunk the Wild Turkey?

Actually, 101 is a bit too strong for my tastes; I like 80-proof whiskey.

Trivia time: The word "whiskey" is derived from the Celtic "oiskay", which means "nectar of the gods". Clearly they were drinking Irish whiskey, not Scotch whisky.

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I'm just sipping on my second jigger in a glass with ice. It is smooth, but it will sneak up if you don't limit the intake.

And I can't type very good anyway!!!!! :bawling:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Actually, Chromebolt, one of the reasons why I like whiskey straight is the steady reminder that I'm drinking something that deserves a little respect.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Chromebolt said:
And I can't type very good anyway!!!!! :bawling:
Welcome to the club Chromebolt..........I've never gotten past the two finger method.:rolleyes:

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DZER

101 demands respect!!!!!! And DorGunr, I can use all eight fingers, but I have to look down at the keys and then look up at the text to see if I have any typo's. Man, guys didn't take typing (now keyboarding) in High School when I attended!!!!!!!

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cephus,

Good night, and I hope tomorrow is better.

After some WT, I'm going to bed too.

Chromebolt

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Chromebolt said:
DZER

101 demands respect!!!!!! And DorGunr, I can use all eight fingers, but I have to look down at the keys and then look up at the text to see if I have any typo's. Man, guys didn't take typing (now keyboarding) in High School when I attended!!!!!!!
I graduated in 89 but even then it was a requirement if you wanted to take any computer classes. I've forgotten most of it by now, but it's starting to come back to me. I'd get so aggrivated. I'd be typing my 30-35 words per minute and surrounded by girls doing 70-80. But now I like to cheat. I have the Red Dragon Speeech Recognition program. It types what you say. I use it when I get long winded. Works pretty well too.

BTW: Dzer has a new nickname. He is now called Dizzy.:lol:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Preacher said:
. I have the Red Dragon Speeech Recognition program. It types what you say. I use it when I get long winded. Works pretty well too.
I got to experiment with red dragon for one of our Vision impaired programmers when I worked for wal-mart. It's a great program, and works pretty well. It does kind of choke in some cases if your voice tones alter-say, if you have a bad cold or sore throat it may become confused.
Some folks are starting to use red dragon to reduce Carpal Tunnel too. I can run the whole computer via red dragon. It's kind of a pain though, and some of the specific program commands may not be recognized.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
Trivia time: The word "whiskey" is derived from the Celtic "oiskay", which means "nectar of the gods". Clearly they were drinking Irish whiskey, not Scotch whisky.
There is nothing wrong with a good Single Malt Scotch. Although right now there is a good shot of Bushmills in the coffee.

packratt

·
Registered
681 Posts
I feel like I'm starting to come down with that shitty chest cold that everyone else has been dragging around here for the last 2 months. I thought maybe I'd escape mine this year, but apparently not... maybe I can chase it back with a little of the turkey....

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
SKS_Hunter........try some of this.:biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts