·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004162405,00.html

Prayers for dead buddy
Tender moment ... US Marines
pray over fallen buddy
GRIEF-stricken US Marines huddle together in prayer over the body of a dead pal yesterday.

For a few precious moments of mourning the tough troopers turned from the fury of battle at Fallujah to bid him farewell.

The Marines had fought hard to keep their buddy alive. They had bound his head wound after he was hit by shrapnel, then defied enemy fire to carry him to a first-aid post. But nothing could save him.

Mercy dash ... US soldier carried to safety
The casualty was among more than 40 Americans killed so far this week. At least 480 Iraqi rebels died in the same period. The bodies of some Americans have yet to be recovered. An official said: ?We dare not reach them because of the fighting.?

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It just gets me right in the gut. I found my eyes getting misty this morning when I was reading it. It takes a lot to get me teary eyed and it's been 4 years since my Grandma died the last time that happened.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Leadhead said:
The POST WAR death toll is sickening.
I don't look at it as post war.

We are in a global war and most people just don't realize it.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Couldn't agree more myself. I hear people around the office saying we should just let it go and negotiate with the terrorist groups. These people scare the crap out of me!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
It is not Vietnam. We can't just leave and expect to go on like we did in the 70s running away and letting countless people die in the aftermath. Vietnam was a testiment to poor leadership and the worst of our throw away society. That said, this war is different and the consequenses for us will be different. Our enemy, those "people", will never accept our way of life and coexist with it. They have shown what they will do, they will not rest until they distroy it. We have been lucky to have what we have inspite of all of those that want to take it or drag us down to their level. This war is one we can't run away from, or your children and their children will pay the price. God be with all of our very couragous sevice men and women. God Bless America. Jack

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
The problem is that there are too many people of my generation who have no other reference point but Viet Nam and they are in charge...like Kerry.

They will never let it go and are incapable of understanding the difference. They still think they did a good thing in the 60's.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Custer said:
The problem is that there are too many people of my generation who have no other reference point but Viet Nam and they are in charge...like Kerry.

They will never let it go and are incapable of understanding the difference. They still think they did a good thing in the 60's.

You know, we got screwed by both sides. The anti war people for being so appealing and helpful to the commie cause and LBJ for being such a poor leader. I will never understand why we would fight a war with no thought of kicking butt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts