Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/news/politics/8211873.htm

The description of the suit is a little vague; no surprise since 99.9 percent of reporters know nothing about firearms except what they've been spoon-fed by the antis.

I remember reading somewhere that there's a rather arcane ATF permitting process for replacing a receiver, but I know little about it. So this suit could be about that, or, more ominously, it could be an attempt to use the courts to ban kit builds.

Not a good thing either way.

Assholes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe it's about the importation of parts(kits)

Any time you hear liberal say "they are dodging the law" or "they are not obeying the spirit of the law" Well, that means everything you did was legal.

Their argument is like saying to GM; The pollution standard is X and then GM doing Y to comply and then they say GM is using a loophole to keep making cars. It's ridiculous.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's grandstanding for attention pure and simple. The practice of replacing worn or damaged receivers is not new, but it only applies if the company is still in business. In other words if I explode my pre-ban Colt, I can send it to Colt for a rebuild / remanufactured receiver, but if I do it to my PWA I'm SOL.

If you stop and think about their argument, they are admitting that their test ban was wholly ineffective at doing anything but confusing people.

Saleen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts