Gunco Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike is a very good guy. His family is devistated.

Elizabeth High School is shuttered today so students may attend today's funeral for two sisters killed this week in a head-on collision on Louisiana Highway 10.

Members of the boys' basketball team will be pallbearers for 17 year-old Brittany Slaney and 9 year-old sister, Bridgett, at 2 PM services at First Baptist Church in Oakdale.

Brittany was killed when her car slammed into a pickup at dusk in misty rain Monday. Bridgett later died at Lafayette General Hospital.

Sections of the church will be reserved for Bridgett's 22 fourth-grade classmates and Brittany's senior class, now down to 16. The girls were the only children of parents, Michael and Mylette Slaney.

Elizabeth High principal Michael Stainback says the entire school is numb and he can't even imagine what the girls' parents are going through. School counselors have been consoling students and faculty since the wreck occurred.

Sheriff's deputies also are mourning. Michael Slaney is an Allen Parish Sheriff's Deputy and law officers from across the region are expected to attend the funeral.

State police say Brittany was on her way home from cheerleading practice when she crossed the center line and hit a westbound pickup truck head-on. Trooper Sal Messina says no one probably will ever know what caused her to drive into the oncoming truck.

I met Mike when I was still working at the gunshop. We were and they still are a major supplier of police gear. I hardly ever watch TV, so I didn't know about this until another LE friend came by here a little while ago.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Our prayers will be with Mike and the town.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Lupeloff I'm so sorry for your friend Mike. As a father I can't imagine the loss he feels and will pray for him and his family.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
You know my stance on loosing a child. My thoughts are with them.

Sometimes I question the actions of the Supreme Creator.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
He has my prayers, as well, as do Brittany and Bridgett.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aviator said:
You know my stance on loosing a child. My thoughts are with them.

Sometimes I question the actions of the Supreme Creator.
I was going to say something about my son and wife, but I just can't do it.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Lupeloff said:
I was going to say something about my son and wife, but I just can't do it.
I'm not a man of many words when it comes to losing a loved one, I've lost my share of them too, never a son or a wife, wouldn't know how to cope with it. But Goddammit you have a lot of friends at home and here who care about you and appreciate your being what you are and what you have done. Gottta keep going fighter...live the present.

We love you brother.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts