Gunco Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spoken with two doctors of psychiatry in the past two days. One was working a precinct for the Democrat Party. The other is a conservative. I listened to them discuss their views of liberals. The Democrat said his liberal views are justified by the needs of our poor. He viewed government as a welfare institution.

The other, who proudly owns a WW2 1911A-1, spoke about Kerry's supporters. He said few of them actually believed Kerry. They knew he was lying about what he said he would do, if elected. However, they expected him to support their positions afterwards. Their mindset is that politicians are so sophisticated that they avoid telling the uninformed - us - what they will do in office.

That explained why they hated Bush. He governed as promised when he ran in 2000. It was unsophisticated! Bush, they surmised, must lack the intellectual might of liberals, who could skirt election promises with "nuances." Thus, they condemened Bush as being a simpleton, lacking brainpower.

It was an interesting insight from someone who is trained in psychoanalysis.

·
Registered
625 Posts
So what they are saying is that being devious and having the ability to lie with convection makes you sophisticated and more intellectual?
Yep, they sound like DemocRATs to me.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Well said Oldgunner, actually by being devious and lying is how they get 45% of the population to believe in them.......even seen the results of a national IQ test?

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
The issues today are very complex and take a long time to understand. The plans to correct problems or effect change are long term.

What really needs to be done is inconsistent with the short attention span and remote control attitude of many Americans.

As a result, many vote on the basis of a snappy headline. The political strategists know this and work it.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
True, in most cases it takes longer than a presidential term or two before results are seen. But thanks to the large number of media avenues available today we are now able to have a wider spectrum of information regarding politicians and are, therefore, better informed to make a decision, recent election just proved that.

Kerry was more eloquent and presented himself better than Bush, however, over 50% of the people didn't believe his BS. Without private cable channels and without internet, that figure would have been smaller, I bet.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Too many Americans are being manipulated and they do not even know it.

I will say though that I am encouraged by what seems to be the rejection of people like Soros, 527 groups and celebrities.

I hope that trend continues. I do know a lot of people who are more interested and learned a lesson from the Clinton years and the Gore campaign. Kerry got ambushed due to that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts