Gunco Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject: Fwd: A SEAL's view on Fallujah

Got this from a friend who's an active duty SEAL. He's stateside recuperating from multiple shrapnel and bullet wounds received in another area of Iraq

They're Called Security Rounds Its a safety issue pure and simple. After assaulting through a target, put a security round in everybody's head. Sorry al-Reuters, there's no paddy wagon rolling around Fallujah picking up "prisoners" and offering them a hot cup a joe, falafel, and a blanket. There's no time to dick around in the target, you clear the space, dump the chumps, and moveon.org. Are Corpsman expected to treat wounded terrorists? Negative. Hey libs, worried about the defense budget? Well, it would be waste, fraud, and abuse for a Corpsman to spend one man-minute or a battle dressing on a terrorist, its much cheaper to just spend the $.02 on a 5.56mm FMJ.

By the way, terrorists who chop off civilian's heads are not prisoners, they are carcasses.

UPDATE: Let me be very clear about this issue. I have looked around the web, and many people get this concept, but there are some stragglers. Here is your situation Marine. You just took fire from unlawful combatants shooting from a religious building attempting to use the sanctuary status of their position as protection. But you're in Fallujah now, and the Marine Corps has decided that they're not playing that game this time. That was Najaf. So you set the mosque on fire and you hose down the terrorists with small arms, launch some AT-4s (Rockets), some 40MM grenades into the building and things quiet down. So you run over there, and find some tangos wounded and pretending to be dead. You are aware that suicide martyrdom is like really popular with these kind of idiots, and like taking some Marines with them would be really cool. So you can either risk your life and your fire team's lives by having them cover you while you bend down and search a guy that you think is pretending to be dead for some reason.

Also, you don't know who or what is in the next room, and you're already speaking English to each other and its loud because your hearing is poor from shooting people for several days. So you know that there are many other rooms to enter, and that if anyone is still alive in those rooms, they know that Americans are in the mosque. Meanwhile (3 seconds later), you still have this terrorist that was just shooting at you from a mosque playing possum. What do you do?

You double tap his head, and you go to the next room, that's what.

What about the Geneva Conventions and all that Law of Land Warfare stuff? What about it. Without even addressing the issues at hand you first thought should be, "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6." Bear in mind that this is a perpetual mind set that is reinforced by experiences gained on a minute by minute basis. Secondly, you are fighting an unlawful combatant in a Sanctuary which is a double No No on his part. Third, tactically you are in no position to take "prisoners" because there are more rooms to search and clear, and the behavior of said terrorist indicates that he is up to no good. No good in Fallujah is a very large place and the low end of no good and the high end of no good are fundamentally the same... Marines get hurt or die. So there is no compelling reason for you to do anything but double tap this idiot and get on with the mission.

If you are a veteran then everything I have just written is self evident, if you are not a veteran than at least try to put yourself in the situation. Remember, in Fallujah there is no yesterday, there is no tomorrow, there is only now. Right NOW. Have you ever lived in NOW for a week? It is not easy, and if you have never lived in NOW for longer than it takes to finish the big roller coaster at Six Flags, then shut your hole about putting Marines in jail for war crimes. Be advised, I am not talking to my readers, but if this post gets linked up, I want regular folks to get this message loud and clear. OUT.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Message taken Loud and Clear. That is always what I believed, but never heard it better said.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
God bless him!

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
It's too easy for the media to play Monday morning quaterback. Maybe they should be the ones entering the mosque first and live Now.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
If you are a veteran then everything I have just written is self evident

Roger that. :mchngun:

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
aviator said:
It's too easy for the media to play Monday morning quaterback. Maybe they should be the ones entering the mosque first and live Now.
Yes Sir! Best suggestion I've heard yet. After all terrorists won't shoot a poor unarmed cameraman who's on their side.....right? :D

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Yeah send the journalists in first---then when they all get shot by the terrorists, and our guys come in and wipe the terrorists out, pick up the camera and film all of it and say hmmmmmmmm when we go in first reporters live, this is what happens when we do things THEIR way. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I don't know if this is a rally for patriotism or the ramblings of someone over the edge.

I mean no offense or disrespect. Really. But who here is going to disagree with what we already know and believe? I think the post might have more bearing amongst the liberals that some might think won't look, listen, or hear?

Good to know your friend is still alive and somewhat well, what hurts me is to see he's so bound up inside with the crapola the media feeds the population. Oh, I understand it, I'm not numb or dumb to it, but I've come to accept a little of what it is. I realize I can't change the media. I can try but that's the extent of it. "Modern Problems", bad movie, worse reality. I know Christians, Jews, a couple of (semi-tolerable) Wiccans, and Satanists such as myself who agree with and understand...

Nevermind.

Happy Holidays.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Evil_WalksII said:
I don't know if this is a rally for patriotism or the ramblings of someone over the edge.
..........................................................................................
..........................................................................................
Nevermind.

Happy Holidays.

PMS????

Once in a while civilians need a shot of "Reality of War" medicine.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I don't care what walk of life you are in, common sense coupled with experience demands you give the people on the firing line the benefit of the doubt when there is controversy.

Even more so when you are talking about combat.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Liberals have a Police action view of war. They think our guys are like cops in a drug infested neighborhood. They cannot visualize what the total insanity of war is and how messy it can be.

It's not arresting thugs, it's arresting a country back from thugs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts