1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
already at 200.00 bucks and still almost a day to go. you know, there sure would be a lot of money made if someone would design and market a ready made semi receiver for these. i too have heard about these rewelds. it does sound like it could get you in trouble, but i have read about others doing this same thing with other types of expensive kits. maybe it was the mg34 i read about people thinking of doing this too.

·
Nationalistic Infidel.
698 Posts
Semi receivers are available from Len Savage of Historic Arms. They are really nice and milled from a single block of steel on a CNC machine. I believe they run around $1000.00 each. You will still need to have some internall parts machined to fit the receiver and a some new US made parts to be compliant.

You can also reweld the receiver yourself with a speacial jig and ATF aproved instructions that you must follow to the T in order for the rewelded receiver to be legaly turned into a semi auto receiver. You can also have Historic Arms do the weld for you also but I do not know the price since its on a case by case situation. I do know there is a pretty long wait for rewelding receivers going on though.

Here are a couple links that may help you find more info on making semi autos out of demilled parts kits.

www.weaponeer.net

www.brenlmg.com

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the interesting info. Also, I'm surprised ebay hasn't pulled the auction yet (they always seem to pull my auctions quick on firearms related items or accesories).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts