Gunco Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most SHTF threads I see get really unrealistic. Given current availability of kits/ ammo types IN THE US. How would you outfit a small group (6-10) in a SHTF scenario with combloc weapons? Be specific as possible and reasons for your choices. Would you try to stick to one caliber, to share ammo? How would you equip for different roles needed? :thankyou: I hope you come up with some interesting arguements.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One example would be:
1 PSL
1 RPK74
8 AK74's

or

1 PSL
2 RPK 47's
2 AMD 65's
6 AKM's (7.62)

What do you think?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I would probably go with U.S. weapons as we may have to pilfer ammo from U.S. soldiers and police.Not to many caches of comblock ammo laying around.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are plenty of .223 AK's

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yes there are but not as many as AR-15s and if it really got shitty I would probably have to commandre a M-4 as long as I was stealing ammo may as well take the gun too.Im still hoping it doesnt come to that but if it does I hope it happens before I get too damn old to play.

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
Well A) I don't think our own troops would really fight the American ppl, so it would more than likely be against a forgien force. So the availbe ammo question is still up in air. As far as Com-Block weapons I would have a squad of 7 and stick to the woodlands.

1 Siaga 12-god forbid close quarters urban warfare on the point man
1 AMD 65 for the point man too again close quarters

2 PSL/RomakIII's longer range, guerilla type weapon

4 AKM-74/47's I prefer the 74's for better range and you are able to carry more ammo...but the venirable 47 is always there when you need her!

Full Auto Ak's would be good, but really I don't know that in that situation I would want to go toe to toe with any military force... My goal would be to stay out of site and out of mind with would cause me to cut the team to 5 members anyway (minus 2 of the AK's). I would also strap everyone with the biggest damn pistol the commies made...sorry I don't know models, I am not up on those.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Me and my dog against the world!

At least in my area. All the houses on my street had Kerry signs so that means that itll be easy pickings!

I would carry my ak74, pioneer vest, beretta 9mm in drop leg, snubbie 38 in belt.
and extra dog food in extra pockets!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
AZ99 said:
At least in my area. All the houses on my street had Kerry signs so that means that itll be easy pickings!
you got that rite EASY PICKIN.
my thought on the situation would be to stay rite here, ammo no problem. If I thought I would have to hide out in the woods. well hide ammo. AK's and drums. maby a pair of romaks for long range fun. up here their is not much long range basicaly you would need to get a lot of lead in the air. DRUMS.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
now that I think of it you may have a GOOD point their with your siaga 12 . all we need to do is improvise drums for that ... of course this is just a bad dream

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
I wanna get a siaga 12 with pistol grip of course *dreams* :D Well I have
3 chinese drums
and my Buddy Jose has 10 drums total, I think
2 chinese 75rnd,
1 100rnd,
6 rom'ys...Think the drums are covered:)...there was a link to a FA AMD 12GA and 20GA on Gunsnet I think I have the link at work if you boys want to see it:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts