Gunco Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lauer Weaponry sent the matte black duracoat FAST! Painted/baked last night, reassembled this morning!

All told, this has taken about 10 months, start-to-finish, counting all the snags and hiccups I experienced along the way. Would I do it again? YES.

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK/completed/complete.htm

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Looks really nice hcpookie. The finish looks nice and even also. One question, the stock? I've seen grooves in them but never a cutout rectangle (is it a side folder?). Never mind, went to your site and got the folder info. Whose stock (manufacturer) is it?

Did you bake the receiver then the barrel and then put them together or did you paint them all assembled?

Again nice looking rifle.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Looks great! I really like the AK74M style side folding stock.

Is it a 74 or 47? From the description it sounds like a 74 but the magazine in the pictures is throwing me. Also, any thoughts on installing a scope rail?

Toten, I think most of those stocks from from Russia.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Looks great, now we need the juicy details on the build.. I've been thinking of doing this to my Chi-COm but I kinda like it the way it is... :dunno:

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mbakercad said:
What did you use out of the AK74 parts kit?
All the barrel components - gas block, FSB, muzzle brake. That's what is shown in all those pages.

Its funny, because after I looked at the nearly-finished gun, I felt bad stripping a parts kit and since they couldn't be found at that time, I bought another GB from K-Var and built my AK-74 clone. Just couldn't let that donor kit sit there!

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I have to say THANKS again for taking the time to document all of what goes into your builds for all to learn from. You are up there with 7.62X39 and a few others rare folks that are responsible for helping many of us to start our own builds. I don't know how many times I've gone to your webpages and found answers. Keep up the good work and know that you are really appreciated!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts