Gunco Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen a AK-104 part kit with proper black polymer folding buttstock or can you get the folding plastic buttstock and make one out of a 74 kit? Looks like the 100 has a latch on the reciever to latch the stock when folded. I would like to build one after I finish my AMD-65 and Krink....

Brandon

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
I have order 2 of the ak100 series plastic buttstocks.
I expect them in a couple weeks.

The problem you will run into is that the soviet stuff uses a bigger hinge pin then the bulgarian. It is possible to buy a bulgy ak-74 krink folder and install soviet butt.
You will need to make a sleeve or drill out the bulgy trunion.

You can get ALL of the parts from TANTAL.
He is currently out of the trunions but has more coming in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I fitted the Russian buttstock on the bulgi trunnion, you drill out the top loop of the henge on the trunnion, to match the 5.5mm henge of the Russian stock, turn down a bolt to make a henge pin to the diameter of the stock henge (I did mine by chucking it in the drill press and holding a file against it until it truned down to the right size) then I turned down the tail of the pin to fit the bottom hole of the trinnion henge. It fits and works great.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Steelcore1964 said:
I think this is as close as we will ever come, and btw I think after some consideration it's a pretty good deal, I was thinking about putting it together on a Saiga
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=588&item=2250742152
I've looked at that but just can't justify $400 dollars. He has a plastic folding buttstock for $80 but that is with out the trunnion or the closure lever.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73951&item=3682543827

Does Tantal have the gasblock/sight combo?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
it's all there, look in the lower rt. corrner
and as for the price -buttstock 80 dollars
-rear trunnion and front catch assembily 120 dollars
front hand guards with heat sheild and gas tube and retainer 75 dollars
trigger guard assembly 15 dollars
Side plate scope mount 30 dollars
dust cover 15 dollars
FSB/GB 80 dollars
Pistol grip 15 dollars
Trunnion 35 dollars
FSB with sight and spring leaf 45dollars
Krink style break 45 dollars
return spring guide, cleaning rod and selector 50 dollars
for a total of 605 dollars

the prices are not exact but close using K-Var's prices as a guide (from memory) and that's not even Russian parts from K-Var so Yeah I think it's a pretty good deal, just my .02

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
commanderflyer said:
Has anyone seen a AK-104 part kit with proper black polymer folding buttstock or can you get the folding plastic buttstock and make one out of a 74 kit? Looks like the 100 has a latch on the reciever to latch the stock when folded. I would like to build one after I finish my AMD-65 and Krink....

Brandon
Here's where I got my buttstock...

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_furniture.htm

Add it to an AKS-74 kit and you'll have everything but the correct barrel front-end.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Lupeloff that is a sweet looking 104!!! :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:
Is that a 16" barrel through a bored out muzzle brake?
And Thanks for the link Jerry!! That is what I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Grendeljaeger said:
Lupeloff that is a sweet looking 104!!! :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:
Is that a 16" barrel through a bored out muzzle brake?
And Thanks for the link Jerry!! That is what I was looking for.
Nope, I cut, crowned, threaded and then tig welded it to make it legal. Accuracy wasn't affected. I've had some hard to turn down offers of people wanting to buy it, but that would be like selling a kid.

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
I ordered 2 of the butts from RusMilitary.
They arrived today. I will pick them up tommorow from the PO.
I am working a deal with Tantal on a couple other items and will end up with 2 complete trunion/receiver kits (russian trunions)

With the fact that tonight I heard from a GOOD friend that I might be able to pick a couple stockless 74 kits for a good price.

CHARLES

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
DrugRunR said:
I ordered 2 of the butts from RusMilitary.
They arrived today. I will pick them up tommorow from the PO.
I am working a deal with Tantal on a couple other items and will end up with 2 complete trunion/receiver kits (russian trunions)

With the fact that tonight I heard from a GOOD friend that I might be able to pick a couple stockless 74 kits for a good price.

CHARLES
Is this a great life or what. Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun and something really cool to show for your efforts.:thumbup1: :thumbup1:

·
Registered
823 Posts
drugrunr if you don't mind my asking what did they charge for the 100 series folders with shipping? and when did you order?

I ordered a stock from the guy on ebay in august and still waitin on it..he said the shipment was held by customs till the paperwork cleared.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Has anyone here baught from TANTAL he has AK-74M parts kits that look like I could do a 104 with little changes. Can't seem to find his prices though.

Brandon

·
1,763 Posts
Email him and I think he has an auto response that sends you a reply. The reply is the price list. IIRC the kit (if he has it) is $399
It would be cheaper to buy another kit and convert it with the needed parts.
I just completed a 105 and I think I might just do the 7.62 kit I am getting as a 104, I really like the looks of the combo GB/FSB.

It took about 2 weeks to receive my buttstock from rusmilitary. I think with shipping the total came to $65, I should have bought 2.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts