Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one seen a Ak 47 parts kit for a Stamped receiver that any one is selling? All I can find is AMD 65 kits (working on now), and a AK 47 kit with a milled receiver (I ordered one thought it was a stamped kit should have looked at the pic harder). I will probably send it back when it gets here unless it is in excellent condition, so I will not have to buy that expensive receiver. ANY WAY, I will quit rambling. I would like to build an AK 47 next (year) with a stamped receiver.
T M

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
try to find an AMD-63, I still see them around and the one I have and have seen are just like new rifles. Mine shoots great.

·
Registered
318 Posts
IO is supposed to be getting some in. Check their site. they are romanian,good to excellent @ 109.00 or 119 I forget which.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
erikk said:
IO is supposed to be getting some in. Check their site. they are romanian,good to excellent @ 109.00 or 119 I forget which.
IO is getting 300 kits in. They had a group buy on them thinking they were underfolder kits but now they are all full buttstock romanian AK's. Im in for one, they are excellent shape....they say. I hoping on that to be true. Im sure they will have some extra ones when people from weaponeer.net drop out of the group buy.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Where'd all the Romanian kits go ? Where'd all the Polish kits go ? Bulgarian ? Russian ? I wish I could find some Chinese kits too. Yugoslavian. North Korean. Any word on these ?

Incidentally, I heard you could shave down the sides on a milled front receiver section, and fit it into the stamped receiver. Drill and tap, weld or rivet your newly modified monstrosity into place. Just a thought.

:drunk:

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
I think the group buy is at weaponeer.net interordnances website is http://www.interordnance.com/ I think cheaper than dirt has amd63 kits last time i checked.

·
Registered
83 Posts
http://www.interordnance.com/ is the link to the home page. Click at the top on Product List and then you'll get a long list of items. The item AK47PK is a parts kit for a fixed stock AKM. It is listed for 109.95.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Tobacco Man said:
What is the main difference between An AMD 63, ans An AMD 65 (besides the stock)

T M
Length of barrel. AMD63 is 16" barrel. AMD65 is 12.5" barrel. Other than that, they're pretty much the same.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Jose`-K47 said:
Incidentally, I heard you could shave down the sides on a milled front receiver section, and fit it into the stamped receiver. Drill and tap, weld or rivet your newly modified monstrosity into place. Just a thought.

Yes you can one #^#^ of a lot of work. But if the kits are cheep I would grab a few.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ordered my russian milled kit from the sportsmans guide. $159.97 in used excellent condition (I will let you know the condition when mine arrives).

Has anyone gotten a romanian stamped receiver kit from IO? If so what was the condition?
T M

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Tobacco Man said:
I ordered my russian milled kit from the sportsmans guide. $159.97 in used excellent condition (I will let you know the condition when mine arrives).

Has anyone gotten a romanian stamped receiver kit from IO? If so what was the condition?
T M
T M,

In my dealings with I/O their kits at first inspection always look nice. Look it over closely and you'll see that it has been refinished AFTER it was demilled. The tell tell sign is where the band saw cut through the receiver.......what should be bare metal will actually be painted as well. I'm not saying that their kits are not any good, I'm simply saying look it over good and inspect the bore because on the outside it will look nice.

As for kits coming in, all I can say right now is that there are some "other" 47 kits that should be here over the next 3 months or so.

Scott

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I've heard of many, many people getting burned by IO, guns/kits not to the standard advertised, parts missing, things being cosmetically altered to hide defects, LOOOONG wait times for some things, poor communication and misleading advertising.
As a consequence, I've never used them. Just food for thought. Although, I will admit they have a better rep than the good ol boys at joeken.
Also important to remember that IO is under indictment for violation of about a dozen ATF laws and money laundering. It's a fairly good bet ATF will know what you ordered before you even get it.
Tinfoil hat......ON!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cammobunker said:
Also important to remember that IO is under indictment for violation of about a dozen ATF laws and money laundering. It's a fairly good bet ATF will know what you ordered before you even get it.
Tinfoil hat......ON!
That is interesting to know!!:eek:

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
I must be one of the lucky ones with IO. I haven't ordered one of their parts kits, but have ordered mags through them before and always received them in a quick and timely matter (Usually less than a week after ordering). For wieger mags they seem to be the only ones that have them right now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts