Gunco Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put together an Bulgarian AK74 kit yet? Can anyone explain how to install the firecontrol group for the AK74? Are there any steps and pics available here? I picked up a kit and receiver from ORF awhile back - Bulgarian I think, but I'm left with lots of extra parts and no instructions for this setup. The "AK47" parts differ dramatically from these in that there are more parts included for the "74" and darned if I know whre they are supposed to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Are you trying to use the original FCG?
Keep in mind that is a FA FCG, a Felony if installed.
Also Remember that 922r did not sunset, Also a Felony.
You still need 6 US parts in your build

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't think the Bulgarian '74 FCG is readily usable even if you can use it and stay under the foreign parts count #. The Bulgarian '74 FCG has an oversized axis hole with a sleeve. It also has an extra wide space in the trigger channel to accomodate both the disconnector and the rate retarder side by side. Without the rate retarder the disconnector can slide around. Although most AK kits have trigger groups that are readily usable, I think I'd get a USA trigger for a '74 build. In my two '74 builds I have a redstar and a double hook G2. I'm happy with both.

s & p

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you change out all the furniture you could use it .A sleave spacer can be made out of tubing.The cost though of the US furnitre is high compared to the US fcg.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I put a Red Star Arms (RSA) FCG in my SAR-3, but the point here is not the usual raves about that FCG. It's that RSA turned me onto a simple and clever trick for simplifying installation of the FCG.

The RSA FCG comes with the disconnector and trigger assembly held together with a slave pin. When you insert the trigger pin in the receiver, it drives the slave pin out.

A slave pin could be easily fabricated from a nail of the appropriate diameter cut off the the width of the trigger, and it's sure easier to install the trigger/disconnector assembly with one.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I just finished one. The FCG that comes with it is the full auto FCG. While waiting for my us fcg I put in one from a mak 90. Everything works ok however I did have to grind off a bit on top of the hammer to prevent it fron hitting the recoil spring on the rearward travel.

·
Registered
823 Posts
anyone notice how the safety lever binds on the bulgie trigger?

at least mine did on an OOW receiver..anyways I threw the trigger parts out and will wait on my krink to get here and pull the redstar triggergroup out of it and put the original stuff back in the krink.
since the krink is a SBR the parts cout dosent matter right?

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
OOW selector lever holes are low.
It is not unusual to have to trim the selector lever on a OOW build.
This is also the reason they have a gap between the lever and the top cover when in the safe position.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am having that very problem with my 74 build. With the original trigger installed and set up with a spacer to take up the space and just the three semi auto components the 74 selector hits the back of the trigger instead of going over it and preventing it from lifting up when you pull it. However, if I stuff a 47 selector in it works just fine. I guess I will just tune up the 74 selector and be done with it. Good to know it is not just me that has these problems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Boy -

I'm reviving an old post but you can see that I'm trying to seach for my answer. I am in the final stages of a Bulgy 74 build and I am using a G2 FCG. I tried to use the disconnector and disconnector spring from the Bulgy kit but the Bulgy disconnector is beefier and it prevents me from securing it in G2 FCG with the trigger pin.

Has anyone experienced this in their builds? Do I need a different disconnector?

EDIT -> OK, I'm a dumb ass I found my G2 disconnector mixed up with some of the Bulgy FC parts and guess what, it fits the G2 trigger. Duh!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts