Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got off the phone with some guy from K-VAR and he said that they should have some demilled 74 kits in two weeks or so.
He also said that they should be in the $190 range, so guess what the next build is?

Now, I have to get me another OOW coming or two....

:cool:

It's so good to be able to say K-VAR without worry of being slammed. If they supply good parts at a decent price, so be it!

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
K-Var has treated me well on the several occasions that I bought from them. The AK-74 carrier for $18 was a great deal. The waffle mags are great, too. If you're a member of the K-Var discussion forums, you get an extra discount. Even if you never read the forums, the discount is worth it because there's no dues or membership fees! Shipping rates are kinda high, especially if you only need a few dollars worth of parts. I wait until I'm going to spend at least $100 before I order (or if there's a really good sale).

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Kevin,

Thanks for the heads up.
I've been looking for a decent 74 kit, I'll keep my eye open for them.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Hey that sounds awesome! I just got into the ORF group buy for $215/kit *delivered* and picked up 2 kits for that price... waiting to get them shipped now :)

What I'd like to know, is if/when any more Krink kits will be in, for a "good" price.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Guys, if ya hear anything could ya post it here?I will do the same.I would like to have one of these...
Thanks

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have been waiting several months for an AK-74 kit from Ohio rapid Fire. I have emailed Todd and he said that they were getting the kits together. I guess everything was packed in seperate crates, so they have to go through them and match them up. That was several weeks ago. Has anyone received a kit yet from ORF?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was in there shop Friday,I dont go too often but when I do.I ask about the
AK74 kits.Todd said ya want one,but there too pricey yet for me.I figure they are available...Call them

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got my kit from www.gunthings.com, came with plum polymer furniture, bayonet, magazine, mag pouch, stripper clips & mag loader,sling and the cleaning kit.

price was $239 and I was emailed with a tracking number the following day.

Kit is sitting on my work bench out in my garage right now, gotta get started on her soon.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
PLUM? Not black? Wow, that's a really great deal. I think I would like to have a plum stock set, but for now I'd like to do my next one w/ wood. Then again the black plastic looks good too!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
kevin_m4 said:
If K-var doesn't hurry up , I am going with a Gunthings kit. I got the "itch" bad to start another.
Kevin, I thinking about buying a FAL kit from them. Have you ever done business with them before? There is a Bulgie 74 on ebay you may be interested in. Do a search for "ak parts kit". Jack

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
i got my kit from gunthings, but it was minus the trigger guard, stop, and rear block. i called last week, they got the blocks in ,but, still waiting on the rest.

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
scubadvr said:
Kevin, I thinking about buying a FAL kit from them. Have you ever done business with them before? There is a Bulgie 74 on ebay you may be interested in. Do a search for "ak parts kit". Jack

Jack, sorry I missed your response until now. :sorry:
No I haven't until today. I called Brad at Gunthings and ordered the last black one he had. ( I couldn't wait, I got my receivers in yesterday) He did say he had some plum ones. IIRC he doesn't have the trigger gards but the rear trunion is coming with it, I can get it built and do the TG last.

So, I will keep you up to date on how this goes, he told me he would ship tomorrow.

But, I will still have another 5.45 OOW waiting it's turn..

The link to the GB leper is talking about is http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=562&PN=1

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
eldogg said:
i got my kit from gunthings, but it was minus the trigger guard, stop, and rear block. i called last week, they got the blocks in ,but, still waiting on the rest.
just got an e-mail, parts were shipped monday 29mar.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got mine yesterday. I will give a big thumbs up for www.gunthings.com . I noticed the triggerguard came still attatched to the center section of the receiver, that was great because now I have the factory center support tube to re-use!!!

Also fondled with the center receiver section for a few minutes, saw how nicely the hammer and sear interacted with each each other when installed into it, then got depressed thinking about how such a cool gun was cut up into peices.

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's Here! ! !

It came today, I'm pretty excited. and I finally got to figure out that crazy third pin hole.

Now, off to press the barrel pin and barrel out....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts