Gunco Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of us as builders have even more to worry about. BATF STUPIDITY! Take a look at the JPFO ad in the new Shotgun News (Vol 59 #1) page 63. The BATF screwed this guy royally.
I can?t reprint it but try this http://www.jpfo.org/cs54.pdf
This poor guy was building FAL rifles and was accused of building a full auto Stg 58. The BATF didn?t even take the gun apart to check the parts before confiscating all his guns. They did film their own stupidity though. All you guys that talk about bump firing better learn to keep your mouth shut or you?ll end up like this guy or worse, he just built a malfunctioning rifle by accident. This will also teach us to use good quality parts, not the cheap used crap.
I personally love my freedom and spend the cash for more US parts than are required, and I want a rifle that?s as safe as possible, if it should ever bump fire you better believe it would be torn apart and rebuilt right now.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
All I can say is...DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you shouldn't sell anything you make.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Too scary.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
They won't be happy until jerks like Feinswine get all of our guns.

Take the time to click the link and read this folks.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
An older friend of mine has a brother that is or was a Federal prosecuter. He was here for funeral and I over heard him talking to another person at the wake.

At that time in 1998 the Fed had a 96% conviction rate on cases brought against people. He was on a task force to make that closer 100%.

What does that tell you? Along with BATF blunders and the fact that field agents don't often know the laws very well either as we don't! Why? Because they are confusing and there are too many.

Always be careful folks.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Bump Firing is illegal? I bought one of those things for the trigger but could never get it to work. Thank god I threw it away.

·
Registered
273 Posts
18 dollars for a video ??? sounds like there trying to capitalise on some one misfortune

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Kail said:
18 dollars for a video ??? sounds like there trying to capitalise on some one misfortune

I agree! If these guys are true supporters of our cause, these videos would be free and all we'd pay is shipping. A CDR is a penny or less. Something smells fishy, although I do really feel bad for the guy.

The statement they made about anyone that owns a semi auto is at a big risk kind of made me wonder too...almost anti-gun it seemed.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don?t know if you all saw that the money is going to produce a new Pro-Gun film. I?ve known the JPFO for about two years and think they?re damn good when it comes too being on our side. If you haven?t seen their first film ?Innocents Betrayed? you should and you should show it to everyone you know. Try reading this page, ( http://www.strike-the-root.com/3/terry/terry2.html ) it tells you more. This is more than I?d pay if it was just for the video, but it?s also a donation to help in making an important film that hopefully will influence some fence-sitters and anti-gunners to come over to our side. Give JPFO a chance, they?re good people.

·
Registered
704 Posts
That is the most stupid thing I ever heard of. Any fool knows that if you open up a Fal you can see at a glance if it is cut for the auto or safety sear as some call it.Without that the guns hammer will follow the bolt and will not fire unless something sticks and holds the hammer or fireing pin for a fraction of a second.A piece of dirt will do that. If your gonna build a Fal my advice would be to pin the selector or use a semi auto only selector.It wont count as a u.s. part but better than a trip to the slammer.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Interesting read. I hope the feds give him back his rifles and don't give him any more problems. The name sounds familiar, isn't John Glover (not his user name) a member at the akfiles or falfiles?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I think your right .That name sure rings a bell.I know I seen it somewhere.I think that was the guy that made the jigs that 7.62x39 was selling last year but Im not sure.The trigger guard jigs.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I think Jim Croce, and later short-wave talk show host Officer Jack McLamb, said it best, "Don't tug on Superman's cape."

Even if you are right, the BATFE people and every other alphabet soup agency in this country has the power and money to decide its position and then enforce being "right."

It's best to not even court controversy if possible.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes they have the power and Our Money to fight us in a court that will lean their way; I love my country but distrust my government. Every time I?ve had to deal with any form of government I?ve gotten screwed. These lowly apes that we see in the field doing the dirty work for our government all seem to think that they can personally make the laws and that the Constitution and Amendments are just meaningless paper to be ignored. Just try to remind them of the law and see what happens, I?ve heard many times ?I don?t care what the law is? from cop's and state employees both. So the idea of a BATF agent arresting and prosecuting an innocent man to justify their job seems to me a likely event. It?s kind of like cop?s having a quota of speeding tickets to write in order to keep their CO off their back. Federal agents have to arrest and prosecute someone in order to make the job appear needed, Poor John Glover?s life got screwed up just to make a quota so that some BATF agent could keep his or her position. It?s not always some big national conspiracy trying to take our guns away, it just may be some scum-sucking jerk trying to keep his job by keeping his arrest record high enough.

·
Registered
621 Posts
There is a boatload of evidence to suggest that both the Randy Weaver and Waco raids were coincidentally conducted at a time when BATF was having to justify its funding.

·
Angry White Man
3,381 Posts
There's a US made FAL pistol grip that only allows the selector to rotate as far as the semiauto position. Instead of the scooped out 1/4 circle it has a small dimple for the selector to stop at. Dan's was selling them for $5 at one time. They run about 10-15 now. It's just another small piece of insurance to help prevent the kind of BATF BS you just read.

As for rifles built from parts kits, my advice is build them for your self and don't sell what you build.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts