Gunco Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think? This one is .050, but it could be thinner. Could be hard to bend. Has extra length on teh ends for triming up.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
It would be interesting to see how it bends in one of the bending jigs. .050" is pretty thick. Looks good though.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
it would be neat to try out. I wonder how the bending jigs would do with the thicker flat?

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Why so thick? It will be interesting to see how it does in a jig. I'd like to see a flat made out of 4130, to original thickness(.40") but with no trunion holes so you have a choice of rear trunions and a 5.45 mag opening. With all the '74 kits there has to be a market for them?

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you send it to me I would be happy to bend it and report back.TEE HEEEEEE

·
Registered
825 Posts
sniper69 said:
it would be neat to try out. I wonder how the bending jigs would do with the thicker flat?
Mine should bend it just fine, since I only bend each of the 4 bends seperately.

George

·
Registered
825 Posts
Grendeljaeger said:
Why so thick? It will be interesting to see how it does in a jig. I'd like to see a flat made out of 4130, to original thickness(.40") but with no trunion holes so you have a choice of rear trunions and a 5.45 mag opening. With all the '74 kits there has to be a market for them?
check out my previous post

1 - 10 of 10 Posts