Gunco Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one made a Jig for making your own AK Flats ? Not the bending jig -with all the info on making jigs -Looks like some one will come with the plans to make the jigs to make your oun flats . all input welcome - Thank You, Conley

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Somebody here made one, but I'll be damned if I can remember who it was.
Stickerman maybe?
Who ever it was, was going to sell flats, both regular and underfolder style.

I'll look around and see if I can find it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do not take this the wrong way - But looking for Info on a Jig to Make your own Flats - / not a bending jig for the Tapco Flats - Thank You, Conley

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Other than a stamping die, requiring a multi ton stamping press, how could this be possible?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
easy - check out a Tapco Flat - I am looking a a short run - aka few flats - a 12 ton press will work - will put demples -and Xs & Ys etc ,make all the cuts etc . all in one jig - it will be slow -but will work - all input welcome - Thank You, Conley

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
there was one for sale on ebay (I think that is where it was listed) a while back. Wish I had saved the pictures. It had a way to do the dimples, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Conley said:
Do not take this the wrong way - But looking for Info on a Jig to Make your own Flats - / not a bending jig for the Tapco Flats - Thank You, Conley
The one that I was referring to was a jig for the outline of the flat and the placement of all the holes, magwell etc.

I don't remember for sure whether it did the dimples or not, but I don't think it did.
It looked just like a flat only thicker (1/4"?) and all the holes were pilot size.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sniper69 - thanks for the input - looks like the jig can be made -a pic would be nice - looks like you can make a die to make RPK Flats - and krinkov . AMDs and underfolder Flats - all input welcome - Thank You, Conley

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
too bad conley is banned from here now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts