Gunco Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally brole down and bought an AK47 drum. Can anyone point me towards a tutorial that shows proper loading and spring winding of the AK47, 75rd drum. I think it's rumanian. All help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I think if you ask TAMMJ1 she has a good link on how to load a drum . I had it but think I deleted after I gave it to a bud......

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
If you have a spring to wind you have one of the better ones "an asin one".
here is basicaly what to do. release the 2 hooks, push button in the center looking into the drum. wile holding the button in turn the inner cage till the follower in all the way towards center. now just drop the ammo in. close cover lock hooks. wind sprind 4,3/4 to 5 turns, you are ready to go.
If you have no door to open you have a Euro drum, and their is no spring to wind, do your best to stuff them in one at a time ,,, good luck, sorry about your finger tips.. your best bet will be to spend more $$$ and buy some kind of loader. if you plan on loading the drum more than one or two times a loader is a must with a euro drum.
if you have an asin drum congrats!!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, this drum has no hooks on the sides for holding the removeable plate on. What it does have is a knurled knob in the center that you push the tip of a bullet into the center of in and give it a 1/4 turn and the front plate comes off. then there is a lever with attached to a (approx) 1" spring that obviously needs winding. I assume you just drop the shells in. But I'm not sure in what order or what. Only # are 224. It dosen't have a "key" winder like chinese in has a lever on it. Heck it could be as easy as loading it from the top, but I'll hold off doing anything until I hear from you experts. Thanks for the Help.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It sounds like the Romanian one. You just push the lever down and insert one round at a time, pushing the lever down for each round before you insert it. Just as simple as push lever down, insert round, push lever down, insert round................

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
Ok, the first pick is a Romy drum, to load it you put an round at the top, and work the ratchet in the center. and repeat till you want to beat yourself to death with the damn thing:) It is not reccomended to store the Romy drums loaded.

The second is a Chinese to load it open the back, depress the center button with out your fingers in the way! Then spin the internal mechanism clockwise moving the follower all the way to the innermost position in the drum. Once loaded simply close and store. When ready to fire the Chinese drum you will have to wind it up about 12-14 Clicks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's it guys Its a romy. Looks like my very next purchase is one of the Maglulas. That's if I still want thumbs. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Tam you should go buy a netgear router for 59 dollars and get them both going at once , since you now have the banwidth...Use the old one for a file backup server....

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WFO2 Great link!!!! showed me what I need to know and filled me in on all the background. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
No problem just trying to hook you up with my limited knowledge base..........I was told good people here and IAM sure I will need a hook up on some info soon...........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts