Gunco Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a AK74 (Bulgarian ARSENAL) Parts set, just waiting to have a receiver slapped on it, but I have a slight dilemma. I plan on doing a do-it-yourself kind of job because I am new, and what better way to understand a rifle than to put it together myself. Anyway, I have been looking around for flat receivers, and the like, and I noticed that NO-ONE sells AK74 flat-receivers. Am I missing something? Anyway, I wanted to know if the flat AK47 receivers can work with my AK74? I know that the ak47 7.62x39 and the ak74 5.45x39.5 rounds are different, so is the mag and round size going to creat a problem when I put a AK74 mag into one of these receiver magwells? If any of you have any experience with these flats, and if I need to make any modifications to these, please let me know whats up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
The only difference besides the mag well is the ejector.

Most flats will accommodate either.
Same with the rails, in fact most of the rails are designed for the 74, and must be trimmed back to function in the 47.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7.62x39 said:
The only difference besides the mag well is the ejector.

Most flats will accommodate either.
Same with the rails, in fact most of the rails are designed for the 74, and must be trimmed back to function in the 47.
7.62x39,
Awesome! I was hoping that I would have some good news...I really appreciate it!

CFLsickboy :cool: :rockin: :notworthy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts