Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I've been out of the rifle loop for a while. Several years ago I did some research and decided upon an SLR100 built by Gordon Tech. Love the rifle, but the milled receiver is a bit heavy and I prefer the ballistics and allure of the 5.45x39.

A brief search of the forums mentioned different options but I'm not sure if they are all inclusive. I'm basically looking for the Glocks of AK74s and not the tuned 1911s... i.e. a beater that will work vs. a looker with ultra tight tolerances. This will probably be a longarm for the occasional hiking/camping trip... not too sure how well an AR would hold up in those conditions (dusty, etc) but that is a consideration for this role as well. The collapse of the AWB has rekindled my interest.

Thanks in advance for any info...
cheers,
Erik

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
most likely buy a finished rifle... the most complex weapon I've fully stripped is a USP .45 so there is some semblance of mechanical ability, I just don't have a lot of tools like a welder, a press, etc. My grandfather in law does have that equipment, but I'm not sure how much of a hassle it would be.

If building it would save me $200 or less, I'd probably just buy it finished. Otherwise, I'd most likely take time and build it up... would be great to learn how it works.

(I think what I'm saying is that I'm not sure :D)

thanks,
Erik

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
If you really want to buy one already finished, I would sit tight for a week or two.
There should be a bunch of new possibilities opening up soon. (Tuesday)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts