Gunco Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
American Reloading has a killer deal on surplus pistol powder, about $16 a pound. They call it MP205 and say it is similar to Alliant BE72. A quick internet search turns up nothing on either powder and Alliant's website only lists BE85 but their data is from 2018.

Anybody used either one? Good stuff or crap? Mainly interested in loading 9mm with it, any other rounds it is suitable for? Load data?

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good deal, but you have to pay hazmat and shipping @ Midsouth. Makes 10lbs cost $226 shipped. The American reloading deal is hazmat and shipping included, and no sales tax. Out the door it's $161.49 for a 10lb jug. If I could afford it this week the 20lb deal is only $15.30 a lb!

They give 2 examples of loading data in the ad, one for 147gr 9mm and a .40S&W load. I can work up my own loads, was just wondering if anyone had already done the work or had experience with it.

Midwest Powders seems to be a buyer of bulk reloading powder from government overruns and such, they repackage it and sell it cheap. Sometimes when they say "use data for XXX and reduce loads by 10%" it actually IS XXX but they can't say so. I just had never heard of Alliant BE72 and haven't had a chance to check my reloading manuals to see if it is listed. A guy over on the AKFiles says the BE series is actually Bullseye with various retardents added to slow it down. Power Pistol is BE84 for example, It seems the higher the number the slower the powder, so this stuff is somewhere between Bullseye and Power Pistol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts