Gunco Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I have done that but I'm out of gas tubes with upper hand guards and have to buy one anyhow, so I saw this one at K-var and wondered if it was the same, I also thought if someone was going to build an AIM then you could make your own if needed, does anyone know.....If not I may have to order one just to find out

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cut down an AKM top cover for a AMD-65 buildxlast week but I was just wondering about the AIM's

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry it was late last night, I ment a gas tube, I bet that gas tube would fit an AMD if you put a 90 degree FSB/GB on it. I was looking at my guns and kits last night, might be a good/cheap way to make an AIM

·
Registered
230 Posts
Remember that if you change to a 90deg gas block you will need to change the gas port. Also changing to a 90deg gas block doesnt change the length of the gas tube.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
fargo, what kind of finish is on the AMD65? It looks nice.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fargo said:
Remember that if you change to a 90deg gas block you will need to change the gas port. Also changing to a 90deg gas block doesnt change the length of the gas tube.
that depends on which one you use

·
Registered
514 Posts
Fargo ... it's Trotsky - do you still have any of those:

AKM ,laminated lower/upper handguards +gas tube ,bakelite grips
Price with shipping One complete 35 USD.

I'm in desparate need of a quality Laminate lower - and I can always use the extra parts :) email me at [email protected]?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Trotsky said:
Fargo ... it's Trotsky - do you still have any of those:

AKM ,laminated lower/upper handguards +gas tube ,bakelite grips
Price with shipping One complete 35 USD.

I'm in desparate need of a quality Laminate lower - and I can always use the extra parts :) email me at [email protected]?
Trotsky you need to click on the text link in the thread. This will link you to the guy that has the handguards.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Its a guy from the other site. Cant remember his username off the top of my head but he is posting it all over over there. He is very proud of it and it is a beautiful build. I allways thought that the slant muzzlebrake looked better on the pistol builds so I am pleasently supprised that the AMD brake looks good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts