Gunco Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chinese Connection
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first build a lot stupid questions like this one

Can anyone tell me how to put one of these AMD 65 stock into my vulcan reicver, I already drill the holes and cut the reciver, at this point I will like to know how to rivets the stock to reciver and what should i use to pin the stock, if someone has pictures, that will help even more.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Jack,

locking it is easy, just replace the original bolt with a short 5mm bolt, and leave out the spring.

Either use a allen bolt or chuck a hex bolt up in your drill press and use a file to reduce the diameter of the hex until it will fit, and then use your Dremel to cut a screwdriver slot in it.
Be sure to mark your receiver or drill a tiny witness hole in it, so you will be able open up the hole and replace the folder "button" and spring after Sept. 14th

IIRC, You have one of Plinker's jigs, by reversing the ram, you can use it to rivet the trunnion.

I don't know if these pics are any help, it sounds like you are already at this stage.

Attachments

·
Chinese Connection
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well....

okey I got the first part, but I can't understand the sencond one.
"Be sure to mark your receiver or drill a tiny witness hole in it, so you will be able open up the hole and replace the folder "button" and spring after Sept. 14th "..................... I lost here, where is the holes...... and button ... :dunno:

Here is what I got so far

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
There are three components to the locking mechanism, the locking tab, a "button headed" 5mm bolt and a spring.

When assembled the bolt comes out through the bottom of the receiver, requiring a hole large enough for the shank of the bolt to pass through.

You do not want to drill this hole until after September, but once the trunnion is riveted on, you will be unable to determine the exact location of this hole.

So, You need to somehow mark the location of this hole before you rivet the trunnion. This can be done either with a center punch or a tiny witness hole.

Locate the hole, mark it's location, lock the folder, with a short 5mm bolt and rivet in Your trunnion.

After September, You can drill out the hole to the proper size, remove the short locking bolt, replace the spring and and original bolt.

Presto, instant working folder.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
PS. If You look very closely at my pics above, You can see the hole I'm talking about.

It is in the lower left corner of the bottom of the receiver.
It is only a 1/8" hole, so it is hard to see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts