Gunco Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an email my daughter got from a very casual acquaintence. It was a long distribution list. No wonder we are heading toward the nanny state....

> HEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!!!!
> wow.
> this is fun.
> two babies are a lot of work.
>
> anyhoo....
> the reason i'm sending you this email is to beg for
> your assistance. our full time helper (my mom) has
> left for her home state of texas. and now, we are
> really starting to panic- even though she's only been
> gone 30 minutes.
>
> if you have anything to offer as far as time or help -
> we could use it. please understand that you are NOT
> obligated, and i fully understand that you have a life
> too - but if you'd like to help out once and then
> never come back, or if you're brave- dedicate yourself
> to a specific day and time weekly to come help-
> ANYTHING at all is appreciated.
>
> mind you, this ain't no socializing- tea time. this is
> wear your "baby changing, poop scooping, spit-up
> clothes". a couple of hours in the evening or
> afternoon, or for those brave enough - the midnight
> shift - so that doug and i could get some sleep or
> catch up on some household chores - any time would be
> amazing. we are not asking for anyone to be left here
> alone, to fend for themselves- just a little
> assistance.
>
> so, if you're still reading this email, and still
> wanna be my friend - email me back, and we'll schedule
> a time for you to come over and meet the babes.
>
> thanks for reading,

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
This brings several things to mind.
Stupid people shouldn't breed
The irony that the dumbest/ least educated are the fastest growing segment of the population (worldwide).
Why I'm single without kids.
Yick!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Pathetic f'ing pigs. The gawdamn liberals in power encourage that kind of mindset so they can make everyone dependent on government. That done, all they need to do is get rid of the Second Amendment, pony up with the stinkin' United Nations and then have their way with the world. We will all be working 60-80 hour weeks, our kids in a government sponsored school so they won't get in the way of us working long hours, and without the Second Amendment they stomp right in and take away any chance of defending ourselves. G. Orwell was right on the mark, except about 25 years too early. God help you, hopefully I'll be going down blazing if I'm lucky. :grumble: GG

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
My son and his wife have a 4 yo a 2 yo and a newborn.........my DIL takes care of the children plus takes care of her grandmother who has some health problems. When you have children THEY become your life. Those HS kids protesting in their school must have parents like the ones mentioned in the e-mail. :smoke:

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I got a 2 year old and a 6 month old. I understand how you can get desperate, but you just get up and do it! Those times only last a few years and you can at least get 6 hours sleep after that.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Cephus said:
You got to be right, boy those kids made so mad this morning in an interview I could have eaten nails without the salt. The parents must be as far left as you can get and not fall of the world. OH DORGUNR in the Nam we used to call you guys PORCH MONKEYS always sitting at the door selling shit to anybody that went by, and with the 60 you guys could sell alot a shit.
:thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:
:thankyou: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Yeah, but when things got too hot for ya ....y'all loved to hear the ***, ***. *** of our rotor blades cause you knew we were coming to get ya. :biggrin:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Perhaps people think that children come with instructions stamped on their arse...or that they are like chia-pets: a little water and occaisional maintenance.:dunno:

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess it is the "it takes a village" mentality.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Custer said:
I guess it is the "it takes a village" mentality.
Now.....Where have I heard that before?....

I like the part that says:

"so, if you're still reading this email, and still
wanna be my friend - email me back, and we'll schedule
a time for you to come over and meet the babes."

So they value friendship on your daughter's ability to take care of their kids......

Something is wrong with that picture.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aviator said:
Now.....Where have I heard that before?....

I like the part that says:

"so, if you're still reading this email, and still
wanna be my friend - email me back, and we'll schedule
a time for you to come over and meet the babes."

So they value friendship on your daughter's ability to take care of their kids......

Something is wrong with that picture.

This email was sent to a distribution list of about 50 people. My daughter sent it to me and at first I thought it was a joke.

My daughter is not even friends with the writer of the email. She met the gal once. She never met the husband.

These kind of fools are not even soliciting favors from close friends or family.
They are so brazen and selfish they think nothing of putting the bite on casual acquaintances.

·
6,361 Posts
Some very high family values they must have when they sent it to about 50 people...never mind who takes care of the kids, just get someone to do it, period. Very common of today's digital world, that is, you are either a 1 or a 0.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Hell I gave up my employment a few years ago for an even more full time job - being a homemaker. I had both of my boys until they were old enough to go to school (my wife and I pulled them out of daycare after some issues i'm not going to go into), and now I am at home with a 10 month old. Do I have time to go do whatever I want? Sure if I want to bring along my daughter. Do I whine about it or try to email people for a break? Hell no!! It is all part of trying to be the best parent possible to my children. I wouldn't trade this time with my children for anything in the world. If I don't instill my values and beliefs in them who is? Besides how many dads bring three children (ages 7 and younger) to a gun show? I can honestly say i was the only dad there with my young 'uns without mom. Granted there were some guys with their wife and kids. Funniest thing is people were asking "oh do you have daddy duty today?'' and I would tell them "no I have it every day :D ". Or the other one I heard from a couple people, "you're brave bringing three young children to the gun show", I would just comment back that I was starting them young!! I see a lot of parents that are each working, kids are in daycare or school all day, then have a baysitter at night. These parents might see there kids for all of about an hour a day. To me this isn't anyway to raise children.
Sorry to rant - this is just one of those subjects...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Some people just don't care. I was driving to town not long ago and saw a toddler on a tricycle out on Hwy8. I stopped and got her off the Hwy. then asked where she lived. I knocked on the door of the house she pointed at. A drunk skanky looking woman answered the door, then proceded to call me all kinds of bad names and told me to mind my own f'n business.
When I got to town I had a chat with the Sheriff ( a good friend ), he went out and had a very long talk with the hag. He told me later that he almost lost his breakfast the place was so filthy, so he sent the child protective people out to check out the situation. I don't know what happened.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My daughter did not respond to the first email and heard the girl got very low response and followed up with this email to my daughter yesterday....

subject: Re: Baby Help!!!
> >
> > hey mxxx,
> > next friday - would work out great if it works for the
> > two of you. would we go on a date - perhaps. if we're
> > not too tired. sleep is more important than dates
> > right now....
> >
> > ugh.
> > lemme know.
> >
> > k

Apparently, she picked the names of people without children for the followup as they, at least in her mind, are not that busy.

·
6,361 Posts
Perhaps your daughter wants to "cut-and-paste" my answer:

Since you are too preoccupied to take care of your own children perhaps you would be interested in giving them up for adoption. There are lots of couples out there who would love to take care of them everyday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts