Gunco Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Did it due any damage to your gun? That sucks. I have some of the new wolf with the gray cases and it does not seem to be consestant in power. :confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
hmmmmm..... I shot a mag full of Silver Bear in my VEPR .223 and had one shot expel gas out of the receiver and very loudly I may add. I looked all over for case that had seperated but never found one. I didn't even think to check the primers.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Its crap..

not sure why, but it jams my gun up all the time -- after cycling, it occasionally strips the next round into the bottom of the mag well instead of into the chamber. Some magazines it does it every shot. My US followers seemed to help, but the problem has returned.. especially when firing prone.

Made the mistake of ordering 1000 rounds of it. Never again. :lame:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I've shot 60 rnds. of the silver out of my saiga with no problems, and still have more to go; but the gun is still new, and I do pick up all of the spent bras ( mover blades are not cheap) and I did not find a bad primer. the remington that was used on the same range day did not do as good in the on target as I would of liked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
I had a round of Silver Bear that blew a primer too. Overall I liked the ammo though.
Does it damage the gun when it blows a primer?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Drogo said:
Does it damage the gun when it blows a primer?
It could easily damage the gun. Things like eroding the bolt face, blowing off the extractor, firing pin, etc. :scared:
It could also damage your body, eyes and such. :scared:

hcpookie said:
Interesting. I read recently that crimped primers were required to keep blown primers from causing FA fire malfunctions, esp. with belt feds.
The crimp keeps the primer from falling out of the cartridge case and into the internal parts of the gun, leading to a stoppage. A crimp would not stop a primer from being pierced, however. A pierced primer might allow the gases into the breech area, just like a (completely) blown primer might. :hatprop:

·
Registered
531 Posts
About 10 years ago I bought a box of el-cheap-o Iraqui .308 for my surplus Enfield. The first time I used the ammo, I thought I could hear that some shots were louder than others but I thought I was just imagining things. When I went to refill the mag, it was jammed with 3 or 4 primers that were blown out. I picked up the brass to confirm. That was the last time I used that crap. Scared the hell outta me. I guess in countries that don't value life, quality control on ammunition is somewhat lacking....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I'm not sure f you would call it a blown primer or not.. But Monday, I had a round of Wolf 7.62x39, not go off.. The wntire primer cup fell out after pulling the trigger. The primer was struck, but the round did not go off.. I found the primer cup laying on the ground???

I am also having 5.45 wolf with the primers backing out a little.. This never happened before, just out of this new case??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts