Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I think I have just about finished the AK105 Project I have had in the works. I received the buttstock from England and have that finally installed. I wanted to show evryone how it turned out. I haven't decided if I really like the extended brake and may be on the lookout for another until I can get this SBR'd.

Attachments

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Kevin, that is so sweet!! I'm green with envy :)

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I like it the way it is, nice indeed.

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
redchevyman said:
Kevin, It looks great! what kind (brand) of receiver did you use?

Thanks guys.

Thats an OOW. It's finished in Norrells. I really like that Norrells Moly Coat, I am going to strip all my other guns that have paint on them and go back with that coating.

·
Registered
517 Posts
sh*t yeah she looks PUR-TEIGH!!

Well done man. Im starting to feel the pull of a bulgy 74 with a metal folding stock... oh so pretty.. I dont mind the full/folding stock like you have. How does it handle? Does the stock, when folded, ever bother you?

·
Registered
517 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
Very nice for a site with a bunch of Donnie and Marie's on it :D

It really looks good man!
:boxing: sticks and stones eigh SangRun?

If this is whats its like to be a "donnie and marie" I dont wanna be different. :thankyou:

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Kevin that is one great looking build!!! I don't mind the look of that extended brake at all!! I doubt I'll ever hassle with a SBR but I have to do a build like that one.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I like it the way it is. Leave it alone!

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
DrKungPao said:
:boxing: sticks and stones eigh SangRun?

If this is whats its like to be a "donnie and marie" I dont wanna be different. :thankyou:

I thought that was funny when I saw that on another place and thought, I could use that! :D

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't catch reference to the Donnie and Marie statements, but I can assume the origin.

Between this and my 101 project the dimple issue is confusing, there are images of both the 101 and 102 on the Izhmash site(dimples) then there are those others on the Russian site(no dimples)??

Jerry if you want some FCG parts let me know I have plenty of OE stuff, just IM me with your addy and what type you want and I will send you a set.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Very nice build good attention to detail..........Is that a polish mag? Bet it would look good with a Waffle in it......really nice finish.......

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WFO2 said:
Very nice build good attention to detail..........Is that a polish mag? Bet it would look good with a Waffle in it......really nice finish.......
Thanks. No the mag is Bulgie. I have never seen a waffle 5.45.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Looks great to me. Honestly I never cared much for the extended brakes but for whatever reason it looks good on yours. Maybe I have seen enough that I'm getting used to it. I would hate to go through the expense and trouble for a SBR for such a small difference.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Kevin,

What style optics rail did you use and where did you get it from? I've been looking for a correct AK-74M rail (like the one on your Saiga build) but they are hard to find. Tantal is out and wont be getting anymore either. Any help is appreciated.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts