Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I again watched a movie that I bought on DVD earlier this year. It is "Open Range". It was as good or better the second time than the first time. I'll have to say it's the second best movie this year that I have watched. The other being "Second Hand Lions". I only talk about the good ones, otherwise I'd be talking about almost every movie I watched - way too many that suck.

Open Range has to be the best cowboy movie in decades in my opinion. Of course it had Robert Duvall, Kevin Costner, and Annette Bening in it, all good actors. Beautiful scenery and brings back memories of my youth when I went to movies on Saturday morning. You older guys will love it if you haven't already seen it.

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
"Open Range" is a vey good flick.A story about the end of an era.Well done.You can smell the woodsmoke in this one.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
My wife and I really enjoyed Second Hand Lions thanks to your suggestion. I doubt we would have heard of it.

Guess I better get Open Range. You are the gunco version of Siskel & Ebert.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Kevin Costner, is a relative, he's on our family website. Not bragging, I've never even talked to him but it's interesting.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never have figured out how they award those oscar things. Usually the ones I like doesn't even get a mention. Anyone that hasn't seen this one should consider renting it. If you are into guns and nostalgia, you will enjoy it.

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
I don't know......but I thought "Lonesome Dove" what was that a "Miniseries" was pretty good....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts