Gunco Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance to have a drink with one of the greatest harp players around.

Saturday night I went to see James Montgomery.
Although He is originally from Detroit, He's made his home here in New England since He attended BU back in the 70's.

Although He normally only plays much larger venues, He always plays at this little club (only @200 seats) near me, at least once a year.
It's a place He played at many years ago when he was starting out with his first band, The James Montgomery Blues band, and enjoys playing there.

I have seen his shows both there and elsewhere many times, and was introduced to him a few years ago, by a friend of mine, who's the road manager for Bellevue Cadillac.

Anyway, He sat with us between sets and it was a real treat to spend a little time with Him.
This guy has tremendous energy and always puts on a great show.

If your a Blues or harp fan, and He plays near you, make an effort to see the show, You wont be disappointed.

http://www.jamesmontgomery.com/

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Having grown up in Memphis & New Orleans..........ask me again if I enjoy the Blues???:)
BTW.........does he have any recordings out????

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, He's put out 6 albums.

Click on the link in my first post.

Here's a pic of him jammin with Steven Tyler of Areosmith.

Attachments

·
Registered
736 Posts
I play alot of blues on bass. In matter of fact most of the stuff I do is based off of blues scales.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Big blues fan here. I've seen Charlie Musslewhite a few times, he commonly plays in venues in Northern California and Northern Nevada. One of the all-time harmonica blues artists. Most, alas, aren't out here in the West.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Born and raised in Chicago I am a huge blues harp fan myself. I saw James Cotten "Mr. Superharp himself" live and have several recordings of various artists. I am going to check out Mr. Montgomery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts