Gunco Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't pass up the 3 Sten kits for $100 from Centerfire. I just don't know what to do with them!!!

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Are you referring to these kits? http://www.semiautosten.com/ I had one of the first ones that came out (was on the preorder for them). I ended up concetrating on some other projects and funded them by selling the SAS kit (with uzi barrel) for what I had in it (before I started working on it). I am thinking if I have had access to a welder at the time - I would have built it up. So are you going to build up all three? :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That may be the kit, but I found other sites offering (or soon to offer) kits. Here is one of them.
http://stenguns.tripod.com
If I purchase at least a conversion kit for the first, I can probably make the parts myself for the other two.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
gtbehary said:
That may be the kit, but I found other sites offering (or soon to offer) kits. Here is one of them.
http://stenguns.tripod.com
If I purchase at least a conversion kit for the first, I can probably make the parts myself for the other two.
I think that is Vic Bensons website. He is also on the sten9mm group at yahoo groups and their is another sten group there called stens. It would be great to see you make your own parts too. I'm not sure which parts kit is on the site as I seem to remember a couple of different semiauto designs out there, one was semiautosten.com (VIC G.) and the other was a design that a designer was working out with Vic B. (To many Vic's, lol) but I don't recall the name of that design.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just couldn't pass up the price. I can wait for the conversion parts. I was wondering if I can even use the Sten parts as a basis for a Soumi semi-auto.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
thanks sniper i been trying to find that sight for months lol couldnt remember the name , ive been thining about doing one of those rhineland arms 9mm or .45s also anyone had any experience with them

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Kail said:
thanks sniper i been trying to find that sight for months lol couldnt remember the name , ive been thining about doing one of those rhineland arms 9mm or .45s also anyone had any experience with them
Are you referring to the fal conversion?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just received my SAS3 kit the other day from the last group buy. It seems to be a well thought out conversion. God only knows when I'll have a chance to build it. There are quite a few people that have built on this kit with a lot of success.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello All,

I don't post much here, but I read the Forum daily, you guys always have the answer to my questions on previous posts.

But, I ran into something on my Sten Parts Kits while preparing it for the SASIII build and wanted to pass the info along to you. While cleaning the scrap off the trigger housing, I noticed some "cracks" on the rear where the buttstock locks in place. The kit is in fantastic condition, but I did notice the "Cracks" on the right and left edge where the steel in folded over (crack is in the bend). I don't think this would be a safety problem, but I ground out the crack and welded it up. You may want to take a look at this area just to be on the safe side. I hope the above is clear where the cracks were located.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I received my three kits today. One has the straight stock and two have the skeleton stocks. Very nice condition and saw cut. No springs were included in the kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts