Gunco Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
White Cracker
13,576 Posts
twa, yeah no choice on price, same here just about.. Large pistol primers $39.95 plus tax. Take it or leave it, next. Their nice people not gouging, even during the panic they did not gouge. Think their having to juice the supplier to get anything?

sniper. No I am kind of funnin.. But their was a lot of powder there, I had no idea what yah wanted? I have to give yah a call.. The .22 mag not kidding, only get a box if you buy a gun. WTF over?
Lots of odd ammo on the shelf there.. They also had .45, 9 mm, etc. available, if you wanted to pay a slightly high price..
Oh. My Nam Bro Fred has Win-231 sniper, just thought of that. He worked for the Saint Marks Co. and his home looks like the Lake City Arsenal.. He asked me if I wanted some a bit back and I said no. He owes me, I will contact him also..

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Sprat - I'll post the list to this thread.

4th - it would be great if he has W231. I'll also get together a list of other powders. :)

As for 22Mag, There was quite a bit on 25th of Feb at my local gander mountain. They had got their shipment in that day. A 200 rd. limit on 22 mag and 200 round limit on 22LR. If I make it there next Tuesday I'll see if they have some more and can pick you up some. Is there a particular type of 22 mag that you are looking for?
Here is a pic from 2/25/14 of the 22mag. (I can post pics of the 22LR also, if anyone wants to see the pics) :)

·
White Cracker
13,576 Posts
sniper nooooooooooooo. No ammo.. Good God I have 10,000 rounds here.. I just grab a few things here and there. Mainly just re-load .45 and 25/06 for fun..
Grabbed those few boxes of ammo just because they were their.. Needed a few primers.. I listened to BB, stocked up for years..

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Besides the W231 and HP38, I twa posted about using unique or bulleye. I've also found data for using Titegroup, Power Pistol, AA #5 ??, Green Dot and Red Dot, and IMR SR4756.

What do you all think, any personal preferences? I would like to find a powder that I can use in 9x18 (makarov), 9x19, and 380 acp. I know the W231 and HP38 will work, the others posted should work. If I need to keep on hand more than one kind of pistol powder I can do that too. Now I know why one of my friends told me to stock up on reloading powder back in 2007. :D

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
sniper nooooooooooooo. No ammo.. Good God I have 10,000 rounds here.. I just grab a few things here and there. Mainly just re-load .45 and 25/06 for fun..
Grabbed those few boxes of ammo just because they were their.. Needed a few primers.. I listened to BB, stocked up for years..
well ok, but if you change your mind - let me know which 22 WMR you are looking for. :cheers:

My last range trip on Saturday I was shooting ammo bought in 2007 and 2011 (different calibers different purchase dates, lol). So I definitely agree with BB and others that say buy it cheap and stack it deep. :) I just should have done the same thing with powder for reloading.

·
White Cracker
13,576 Posts
sniper

well ok, but if you change your mind - let me know which 22 WMR you are looking for. :cheers:

My last range trip on Saturday I was shooting ammo bought in 2007 and 2011 (different calibers different purchase dates, lol). So I definitely agree with BB and others that say buy it cheap and stack it deep. :) I just should have done the same thing with powder for reloading.
Call me. I think I just sent you a P.M.. These people here are driving me friggen nuts.. I am going too Cambodia.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
since powder is tough to find and/ or plentiful at times I try to stick to one or two types for pistols yah trailboss for 45acp or Long colt but bullseye and occasionally unique for everything else. these days one can not be picky!!!!!!!!!

I am always looking for Mini mag 22lr 40gr if the price is under $15 shipped

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
since powder is tough to find and/ or plentiful at times I try to stick to one or two types for pistols yah trailboss for 45acp or Long colt but bullseye and occasionally unique for everything else. these days one can not be picky!!!!!!!!!

Sprat - I'll keep my eyes open for the 40gr. I'm assuming it is the round nose since IIRC the HP is 36 grains? The last 100 rd pack of mini mag (HP, 36 grain) were under $8 (7.87 or 7.49?? - I'd have to locate the receipt). That was on 2/25. I'll check again next time I'm there to see if they have any 40 grain. They currently have a 200 rd. limit, but I'll buy them for you and we can work out the particulars if they have them in stock. They also had stingers in 50 rd. packages.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
sniper

yes the round nose 40gr mini mags in the plastic 100 rd container $8 a box is right I got quite a few from cabelas this past year at that price, I have paid as much as $15 a box at shows, but no more than that. I saw them for $40 a box at a show south of tampa last fall I ran not walked away

we can work out something, I have some bullseye we can trade, also got some other stuff ( powder)

·
White Cracker
13,576 Posts

Same here Sprat, just a few powders.. The fussy days are over. Hell with my eyesight, I am happy when the gun goes bang and something comes out the barrel..
Win. .22 Mag Defender I got.. 40 grain 1,250 fps.. Holy Mother of God, Pedro had to beg the owner for one box for me.. I saw what he was doing and told him to stop. Owner knows me and said no problema..
Hell it is better now to shoot my AK for fun than the damn .22.. Whood a thought? BB was right..

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
I've always liked Bullseye and Unique sense they both seem to be #1 in the handgun loading charts listing "accuracy loads".

There listed for several different calibers too making them pretty a versatile powder. I get great results with both and they have always been my "go-to" powders for years. Unique is a bit dirty , but not really to bad, and a little powder goes along ways with both too, you can get quite a few rounds out of a pound of either one.

There my favorites for handguns along with 3031 for rifles and the same apply's to the 3031, lots of rounds out of a pound and consistent accuracy. What more could ya ask? You sure don't want to overload with 3031 though,,it builds excessive pressures ,,,VERY FAST,, if you do and that you have to be real care full with, a couple extra 10'ths. can make a huge difference in pressures. And I've gotten excessive pressure signs even loaded lighter than max suggested loads sometimes with heaver bullets in my 308 & 06's.

All good accurate powders though.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
agreed twa

3031 for everything from 223 to 30'06 , i do have other powders but like 4th id said can't be fussy and I focus on 3031 when I can get it

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
I like to keep it simple too, I just use a very old manual and go by the "accuracy load specs" 99% of the time with a bit of tweaking for a particular gun. It's always worked for me.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well, I just got lucky and scored some Unique, Bullseye, SR4756, and some N3SH (I wanted to utilize the hazmat fee as best as possible). That ought to keep me busy with reloading. :) It will ship in about a week because of how busy the shop is, but no complaints there. The N3SH is Vihtavuori and I've noticed some load 9mm with it, and there is an article showing some loads for other handgun calibers. It is a shotgun powder as well. Page 4 of the pdf at http://www.riflemagazine.com/magazine/PDF/HL 244 (LO) Partial 1.pdf has some info - and I've found some info in other places - so figured it would be good to work up a load with.

If anyone is looking for some powder - this is the place I ordered from http://www.recobstargetshop.com - I placed my order by phone. They also have primers and bullets in stock. :)

ETA: Thank you everyone who has suggested other powders for pistol instead of limiting myself to just the two I was looking for.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts