Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hotbarrel made a rivet smoocher for me a while back. (Did I mention that hotbarrel is a gentleman and a scholar as well as prolific gun tinker and contributer to this forum?)

I finally got to put this little, handy dandy rivety jigget to work yesterday and it worked splendidly! I have since contacted hotbarrel and asked him if he would like me to return this wonderfully simple tool to him so that he might in turn offer it to other very fortunate recipient.

Hotbarrel has written back and asked me to offer his creation to others with the following provisions:

1. I will only charge actual cost of shipping from my home sweet home to yours.
2. The recipient will use the tool and then pass it on to others who need to use said tool.
3. That each person that uses this tool will only charge actual shipping from their home sweet home to the next recipient.

So, there you go! Contact me if you need to use this very clever devise!

Yours,
Thumb Clip Pull Pin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,518 Posts
I would like to borrow it. It does the trunions? My zip is 30152.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,071 Posts
TCPP, is this similar to the one I own that he made? It had a really professional welding job, and was painted blue. Some round steel, and a couple of pieces of flat steel?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
this is the only typ tool I have used to crush rivets in the front trunion.
yosuthnmasa. yes it is like yours. I would like to see others get use of the tool.
good for members and gunco
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
You guys are awesome. I'd love to use the jig when mbadboyz is done with it. Are there pictures of it anywhere. Im curious what it looks like. I've only seen Plinker762's jig before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,077 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yosuthnmasa said:
TCPP, is this similar to the one I own that he made? It had a really professional welding job, and was painted blue. Some round steel, and a couple of pieces of flat steel?
That is the one!

Yours,
Thumb Clip Pull Pin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mbadboyz said:
I would like to borrow it. It does the trunions? My zip is 30152.
I have not used it on the rear trunion as I have not made the rear trunion yet! I think that it will need to be modified to smooch one of the rivets in the front trunion, but I don't want to modify it. I would rather pass it on so that others can use it, then they should pass it on in turn.

I have an idea how to make simpler version of plinker's rivet smasher. I'll do the last rivet in the front trunion and both rivets in the rear trunion with that.

Yours,
Thumb Clip Pull Pin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PM your address

mbadboyz said:
I would like to borrow it. It does the trunions? My zip is 30152.
Mbadboyz,

Private E-mail me your address. I put the tool in the mail to you tomorrow if you would like. I am in Virginia!

Yours,
Thumb Clip Pull Pin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
the tool should do all the rivets in the front trunion, if not it may need a bit more grinding for clearance. it was never intended to do rear rivets I like to hammer them by hand. the bar is just to reach inside the trunion then to press.
it the problem that their is not enough clearance to reach one of the rivets??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
hcpookie said:
That's a great idea! Kinda funny too... I'm planning on making a 2nd set of bolt cutter rivet squeezers to pass around later this year...
Jerry, do you have a post with the pics of your bolt cutter rivet tool. I would like to try to make a set. Don ak'sr4me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hotbarrel said:
the tool should do all the rivets in the front trunion, if not it may need a bit more grinding for clearance. it was never intended to do rear rivets I like to hammer them by hand. the bar is just to reach inside the trunion then to press.
it the problem that their is not enough clearance to reach one of the rivets??
You hit the nail on the head hotbarrel! My eyes were going crossed at one in the morning, but it looked like there was not enough clearance to crush the rivet on the side of the trunion that has the rail thingy. (My very own scientific nomenclature!)

I think that this tool can be hand ground to accommodate this feature, but I really did not want to make further modifications to the tool.

Mbadboyz was first in line to ask for the tool, so I will box it it up and mail it off to him tomorrow evening after work.

Yours,
Thumb Clip Pull Pin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,518 Posts
Next on the list:

chargedmr2

PM me with your address. I have one trunion and receiver ready and Im picking up another kit tomorrow from tapco. I should only have the tool for a week and then Im ready to ship it off.

Im going to eat the 1st cost of the shipping from Thumb Clip Pull Pin. After I pay him I will ship it for no cost and if we keep doing that no one should have to pay for the shipping when it is sent. Sound ok?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
man oh man this sounds great. if either of you are comfortable grinding out the small amount for it to clear than if is fine to grind some off. try to not remove any more than needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mbadboyz,

Okay! Okay! I give up! Stop twisting my arm man! Forget eating the cost of shipping! Forget about it! I just thought each recipient could pay the shipping from the sender to the recipient! Zero cost in the end! You know? You get to use a great little tool for zero cost in the end! Oh well! Go figure!

The rivet smoocher is box up and sitting on my desk. I'll drop it in the mail this afternoon!

Yours,
Thumb Clip Pull Pin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,518 Posts
Thumb Clip Pull Pin said:
Mbadboyz,

Okay! Okay! I give up! Stop twisting my arm man! Forget eating the cost of shipping! Forget about it! I just thought each recipient could pay the shipping from the sender to the recipient! Zero cost in the end! You know? You get to use a great little tool for zero cost in the end! Oh well! Go figure!

The rivet smoocher is box up and sitting on my desk. I'll drop it in the mail this afternoon!

Yours,
Thumb Clip Pull Pin
The main thing is not to get to excited about it! Calm down, everything will work out in the end. :thumbup1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thumb Clip Pull Pin said:
Mbadboyz,

Okay! Okay! I give up! Stop twisting my arm man! Forget eating the cost of shipping! Forget about it! I just thought each recipient could pay the shipping from the sender to the recipient! Zero cost in the end! You know? You get to use a great little tool for zero cost in the end! Oh well! Go figure!

The rivet smoocher is box up and sitting on my desk. I'll drop it in the mail this afternoon!

Yours,
Thumb Clip Pull Pin
I put the tool in the US Mail bound for mbadboyz in GA. I also changed my mind on the postage! Mbadboyz, you owe me $4.14 honest mailing costs. What you do is your business.

Yours,
Thumb Clip Pull Pin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,518 Posts
Thumb Clip Pull Pin said:
I put the tool in the US Mail bound for mbadboyz in GA. I also changed my mind on the postage! Mbadboyz, you owe me $4.14 honest mailing costs. What you do is your business.

Yours,
Thumb Clip Pull Pin
Your the one getting your panties in a bunch. I never said I wasnt going to pay you. I said " I would eat the charge".

Meaning:

http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2055
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,518 Posts
Next on the list:

chargedmr2
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top