Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Looks to me like they need to clean the lense on their camera. Besides, the grilled cheese sandwich was delicious, so I think i"ll buy another one of them instead.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, there are some great finds on ebay. :D

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
I don't need to, my best friends wife took a great one in New Orlenes (sp?). Its pretty freaky.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
OMG, the winning bid was $10,100!!!

PT Barnum was right.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Polish Taipan said:
I don't need to, my best friends wife took a great one in New Orlenes (sp?). Its pretty freaky.
Was it the ghost of [size=-1]New Orleans VooDoo Queen.. Marie Lavoe? :biggrin:
[/size]

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
DorGunR said:
Was it the ghost of [size=-1]New Orleans VooDoo Queen.. Marie Lavoe? :biggrin:
[/size]
Actually it looked a bit like a dolls face with something that looked like smoke sqiggles around it, lol. I'm telling you its pretty creepy. Its not faked, my friends are very honest people and she was just trying to get a pic of the famous New Orleans wrought iron on the side of a building. I took a digital pic of the print, its not great but if I can find it I will post it.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Three folks who have not met one another have, over the years, reported to me seeing the ghost of a woman on the second floor landing of a Victorian home near where I live.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Even the ICU unit I work in has had ghosts, can say I've seen one, but lots of patients have. I've seen odd thing happen with out seeing the "ghost".

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Polish Taipan said:
Even the ICU unit I work in has had ghosts, can say I've seen one, but lots of patients have. I've seen odd thing happen with out seeing the "ghost".
Pretty common for folks to see ghosts in an ICU, but often it's ICU-syndrome, not a real apparition. Getting stuck in an ICU is often a sensory-deprivation experience for the patient, nothing but subdued lighting and the hum of equipment. In my mental-health days I brought an ICU patient out of an hallucinatory psychosis by simply putting my Walkman headset on him and playing some Talking Heads music. It was pretty cool, and the nursing staff thought I was some sort of miracle worker.

That's not to say that some of those ghosts in the ICU may not be real ghosts. Whole lot of things in this world that I can't really explain or understand, and since so many folks die in ICU's I'd think that would be a likely place for ghosts if there are ghosts.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
OK I give this a try, tell me what you think. I know its not a great copy of the pic but its all I have.

Attachments

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
The real print does not really look like smoke and she swears that the view was clear when she took the pic.

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
Pretty common for folks to see ghosts in an ICU, but often it's ICU-syndrome, not a real apparition. Getting stuck in an ICU is often a sensory-deprivation experience for the patient, nothing but subdued lighting and the hum of equipment. In my mental-health days I brought an ICU patient out of an hallucinatory psychosis by simply putting my Walkman headset on him and playing some Talking Heads music. It was pretty cool, and the nursing staff thought I was some sort of miracle worker.

That's not to say that some of those ghosts in the ICU may not be real ghosts. Whole lot of things in this world that I can't really explain or understand, and since so many folks die in ICU's I'd think that would be a likely place for ghosts if there are ghosts.
I had a resident at the nursing home I work at tell me that Christa( my decased fiancee) is fine and misses you. I never mentioned her to this resident and the person was only admited a couple of hours before my shift.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
LOL I actually saw a themostat cover fly off the wall and land at a doctors feet once.

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
I prefer bigfoot stories.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts