Gunco Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I know I should have bought my own in the group buy, but I was planning on building a .223 krink, but that fell through and I switched to the 5.45 krink. So, I was wondering if any of you fellow BIYers would rent me your 5.45 GO and NO GO gauges??? I don't have my OOW receiver yet, but should have it in a few weeks. I am willing to pay shipping and a rental fee, any offers???

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys, don't hold out. I am willing to pay. I just hate to pay over $60 for the guages and I will probably never use them again. I am in Medical school, so I don't have much time. I am trying to round up everything to do my 5.45 krink build over my winter break. I promise I will not break them!!!

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
I might be able to help you out.
I live in Columbia,SC
I have both the 5.45x39 and the 7.62x39
I need to know the EXACT dates you need to borrow the guages and need to know how you want to do the deposit?

CHARLES

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
keep in mind that it is only 1 day shipping to get them to you and 1 day shipping to send them back.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am shooting for anytime during the week after Christmas so anytime between Dec.27-31 anytime within that would be great. As for Deposit, I would rather just pay you like $20 (plus what ever it costs you to ship them) for using them and get it done with instead of a deposit to have to worry about returning. Does that sound okay to you? Futhermore, it also depends on if I get my OOW receiver, it has been on order for weeks now and I heard someone just got theirs. What do you think Drug?

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
You need a 5.45 OOW receiver ?
I got 2
one is precut for the sidefold stock (it is RIGHT) and one is just like to came from the factory.

Do you have PAYPAL?
CHARLES

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
magicald_223 said:
I am shooting for anytime during the week after Christmas so anytime between Dec.27-31 anytime within that would be great. As for Deposit, I would rather just pay you like $20 (plus what ever it costs you to ship them) for using them and get it done with instead of a deposit to have to worry about returning. Does that sound okay to you? Futhermore, it also depends on if I get my OOW receiver, it has been on order for weeks now and I heard someone just got theirs. What do you think Drug?
Sorry to butt in here but...

You have to understand the reason for the deposit. The gauges would cost DrugRunR $120.00 to replace if something happened to them. We were lucky in the group buy to get them for $26.00 each but that was because of the GB. If anyone of us were to buy them now it would be $60.00 each. I know that I would want the replacement cost as a deposit just in case. That money would be sent back to you once DrugRunR received his gauges back. IMO (and you can call me crazy) that's just the way it works.

Now I'll butt out...

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Toten Kopf is right about that and thats how it is done with all the jigs and tools I've ever seen rented out on different gun boards.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I completely understand the deposit issue...I just wanted you guys to know that I am willing to pay for the rental as well and not just the deposit.

Charles, I have Paypal (actually, my wife's account, spent too much on mine and she made me close it, well I knew I needed to close it) and My FFL just called me and told me my receiver came in!!! So, were my proposed dates good for you?? I do have Paypal, so how do you want to handle the money thing i.e. a deposit or a fee and a deposit?? If we do it through paypal, I can add 2.5% for the paypal fee on the deposit, so you totally covered. What are your thoughts?

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
Deposit is $60.00 paypal
You are responsible on returning the guages unmolested to me.
Once they are returned I will refund the ENTIRE amount.
There will be NO fees this way because I can refund the amount.
The catch is that you can only refund for 45 days (might be 60)

I do not want a "FEE", I just want the guages returned to me in the same condition you get them in and in a promptly fasion.

I have several builds I am working on and will need them back.

My paypal address is
[email protected]
I will ship them via USPS priority mail
I can include a return lablel that you just need to add postage.

CHARLES

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I will ship them via USPS priority mail I can include a return lablel that you just need to add postage. CHARLES[/QUOTE said:
Man-o-Man, it doesn't get any better that that. Hey DrugRunR, you got a lathe or milling machine that I can borrow...LOL

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds good Charles, when would you like to do this? Again, I will not be able to use them for the next two weeks. I don't want to hold up your builds if you can use them now. Thanks!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hey Drugrunr,
is the headspace loan deal a one time thing or would you be willing to let me borrow it for a day or two? I'll email ya in a sec.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts