Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang,

Okay, I've used Brownells' bake-on moly teflon coating a few times in the past, with great results. The only thing I don't like about it is the nozzle that comes with the can. It has a tendency to spit at times, leaving small globs. I'll be coating another frame very soon and am thinking of going the airbrush route.

Since I rarely use this coating, I can't see myself spending a couple hundred dollars on a compressor and airbrush kit, so I'm thinking of using one of them cheap hobbyist kits that come with the can of compressed air and ordering a pint of the teflon liquid. Now I've never used an airbrush before and I'd like to know if using this cheap airbrush kit will suffice for one or two projects, and will come out nicer than just using the can from Brownells. Has anyone used these before?

Co7t

·
Registered
41 Posts
Co7t said:
Does that mean YES, HOORAH, GO KILL EM, IT'S GOOD TO GO? :)
You betcha! I picked an airbrush up at the local HF retail store for $4.95, I think. I have gotten more than my money's worth out of it.

You may want to try painting some camo patterns with it. Do your lightest color first and work up from light to dark. You can come up with some really neat patterns.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome! I'm definitely going to pick a few of those up...

What's the best way to clean out one of them airbrushes? Do I simply run some thinner through it until it comes out clear?

Sheik Yerbouti said:
You betcha! I picked an airbrush up at the local HF retail store for $4.95, I think. I have gotten more than my money's worth out of it.

You may want to try painting some camo patterns with it. Do your lightest color first and work up from light to dark. You can come up with some really neat patterns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts