Gunco Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
aka: SDK1968
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
most of you will have seen this over at WG. Thats where the full build thread is at== Login

but here is todays update on some testing.
so here is the 556 brass green tip high powered stuff.

have no clue what batch it is or any of that stuff, it just seems to be hotter than any other 556 ive got.

i purposely went slow & it did fling these about 35' away ... it actually threw them so far that we could only find 4 of them.

the rim, case edge & all of the "hangout" zone look perfect. no swell, no deforming or anything else that we were looking for.

the neck is good, but the rim up front got bent all to hell when it hit the side of the receiver & that was before it threw it the 35'

as soon as this was done? switched over to the standard gas port setting & put the rest of the mag down the pipe. It still ran just fine & that cut the ejection down to about 25'. will run on this setting for a while now.

Reactions: Tommo

·
aka: SDK1968
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah got a lot of bounce-back noise there from my barn... but it was the only place dry enough to not sink in the mud.

most people dont like that carry handle, but once i figured out how useful it is as a long distance site & a point shooter.... its pretty handy.

Reactions: Tommo
1 - 3 of 3 Posts