Gunco Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some used Israeli orlite mags at a gun show.

I had a FTF problem with one of them, so I figured I would just rebuild them all.
While I was at the NRA convention, I picked up some rebuild kits with the green followers, I had heard that the green followers were the latest design and functioned the best.

However, they do not seem to fit the orlite mags, I assume they must be for the steel and aluminum mags only.

So my question is, are the orlite mag followers different from the rest, and where do you get new ones?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I'm not sure about the followers.. But unfortunatly the Orlites are not really reliable, they were scratched my the IDF due to breakage...

·
1,763 Posts
I have a few orlites and the function fine, although I keep them loaded all the time and I noticed a week or two ago that the feed lips were cracking..(like most of the AR mags will do)

I would think that the followers are differnt based on the design of the magazine itself, they seem "fatter". maybe it's the lack of grooves...

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought 4 of them, 3 still feed perfectly, but I can see significant wear on the followers.

I checked the feed lips before I bought them, no problems there, yet anyway.
I'm going to try just replacing the spring, in the one that's giving me a problem, and see if that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts