Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone used the 6-position AR to AK stock and kit adapter?
I'm thinking about ordering one from "Blackjack buffers" to tac out my new 74 build. Also how what do you guys think is the best scope rail for the eotech uncased scope?
Thanks,
-Shadow-

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I've almost completed the work on using the adapter (I'm using an "ACE" LE Entry Buttstock) from Blackjack (if it's the one pictured). For my build it wasn't a slip fit operation and I had to do some trimming to get it to fit correctly. In fact I had to do quite a bit of work.

I'll be posting a tutorial on what I did to get it to fit. Just have a few more pictures to take and then put it all together. I know that this doesn't help you now but at least you know in my case it didn't just slip in. Don't want to sound to negitive and I would use the adapter again (it's more streamlined that others I've seen). But just want to let you know one size doesn't fit all.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I tried that adaptor but was not overly impressed. I just couldn't get over the fact that it was plastic. Maybe it's just me, but it just didn't feel right on the AK. It doesn't cost much, so it's really no big loss if you don't like it.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
chargedmr2 said:
I tried that adaptor but was not overly impressed. I just couldn't get over the fact that it was plastic. Maybe it's just me, but it just didn't feel right on the AK. It doesn't cost much, so it's really no big loss if you don't like it.
It would be nice if it were made of steel or aluminum, but all your doing is using it as a spacer to attach the AR15 receiver extension to. Really don't know if it provides more or less capability that the wood or polymer type stocks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
How long is an AK with the AR collasible stock? Here in Michigan we had a polesmoking AG who decided rifles had to be 30 inches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts