Gunco Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
White Cracker
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
rotflmao......

did someone complain Stalk?

& if they did? what did they contribute to the conversation besides a complaint?

TIM: if ya hit that lottery i'll help ya on the tommy gun when i come to visit. :)

if ya cant find my phone number... shoot me a PM & i'll hook ya up.
Cool I would make contact with yah bro.. :thumbup1: Just went though the phone book and talked to Frogman. Oh my God that SEAL talks more than I do.. :rofl: I love my Nam Bro. :thumbup1:
O.K. Sean what I did was re-mortgage the house for like a Hundred grand $$ and bought Powerball tickets. Soo if yah don't hear from me I moved too Alaska the damn old lady will kill me. :headspin:

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Ummm, hello Tim! If i'm throwing the party can I show up to? Always wanted to meet mongo:) if he makes a hog look like a shwinn bicycle he could be on point for me anytime:thumbup1:

·
Registered
15,204 Posts
GMwilly is a straight up guy an if you need any thing AR he is a good guy to deal with . One of the good guys who Has stuff in stock when he says , dosent sell stuff he don't have an dosent make promises about shipping dates other crap . He likely would give you the shirt of his back to help a guy out .
Id buy from him before any one else .

·
aka: SDK1968
7,717 Posts
O.K. Sean what I did was re-mortgage the house for like a Hundred grand $$ and bought Powerball tickets. Soo if yah don't hear from me I moved too Alaska the damn old lady will kill me. :headspin:
bub we've spent way too much on this round of lottery drawings... save me a room.

·
White Cracker
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Kind of interesting that the gun panic never really took off after Nappies speech. We want to see all vendors make a profit or they don't stay in business, but everyone wants a good deal. Ammo prices though have risen a bit. AR prices I checked at a local fun shop were running in the $625 range for a well put together S&W AR. Not all bad for us non FFL retail purchasers.
My friends over here at Tactical Machine are still selling great quality AR lowers for $49. Hell they were $120 a year or so ago during the last major Nappie panic.

AR-15 Lower Receiver Stripped

·
NoWorkCamp4Me
5,546 Posts
Was able to pickup my Spikes stripped lower yesterday. I was delayed last Friday while they looked into a DV I was charged with back in 2006. Found not gulity but 50% of the my buys now get delayed. I need to get one of those ID numbers from NICS or whoever to speed things up. I started my lower assemble last night without any special tools. I have a ton of tools at the house I collected over the years after completing HVAC/R school back in 1984. I worrked in the maintenance field until 2009 when I got sick. COPD and triple bypass. The Ohio dealer that did the transfer for me had a ATI piston buffer kit he listed @$57.99. I passed on that CDNN complete upper yesterday. My car needs work first so I can get around.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
My suggestion would be, get a C&R FFL and get it over with, I haven't had a delay EVER. I've had mine for probably 40-45 years and never had an issue, even when slick Willie was around . It just makes transactions go So Much smoother,,

It's not a bad way to go IMHO, Rail.

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
dutigaf - - Holy Sheeettt, trying to get the verification question answered correctly is a pain in the arse (I guess that is what I get for having an account there at WG and not posting, lol). I posted to gmwilly's thread #2 and hope I can get on the list for one of the complete uppers.

That and the two uppers I bought from AIM recently ought to keep me happy for a few minutes, lol. The ones from aim didn't come with bolt carrier groups or charging handles, but that can be remedied. Here is the link to the ones I got from AIM Radical Firearms FGS .223/5.56 16 in. Barreled Receiver Hopefully they are decent, they sold out fast enough, lol.... :D

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I saw those sniper69, there one I hadn't heard of before,, but then again, AR distributors have been coming out of the wood work lately !! So who knows??

I do like the forearm on that particular upper tough and that is something I'll be changing out on my Bear Creek one I recently got. The M4 style is OK but I'm thinking one of the DPMS carbon fiber free float tube ones for it at some point. Those I like allot.

Not only for extra accuracy gains by free floating the barrel, but the weight loss too, even though it doesn't really amount to all that much overall weight wise, just a few ounces give or take, but I do like that I can add a single small rail or a sling swivel stud for a bipod if I wanted to. The M4 ones aren't so easily done so they look or work right, you usually end up with a accessory to close with no room left for your hand. If I do go the free float forearm, it will be a mid length tube on a carbine length gun,,then she'll work fine for me!

Myself I hate the full railed forearms and like just a single top rail or a small reconfigure-able/removable side rail like the "Key Molds" use for use mounting a light , laser, ect. I don't need 47 miles of rails on my guns,,sense I'm not the Maul Ninja type ,plus I just plain don't like them! Period. There uncomfortable to carry and shoot barehanded without rail covers that normally end up falling off anyways,,there all junk IMHO!

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
twa - I hear you on that. There seems to be a lot of different "new" AR vendors lately. Prices are still decent. The only other upper I've been contemplating lately is from Palmetto state and is the 9mm upper that works with both glock or the colt style magazines (depending on lower). Having an AR that would use glock magazines would be nice, to bad there isn't a 9mm upper that would use hi-power or beretta 92 magazines.:nanabang:

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Used to modify uzi mags for the colt I had. No bolt hold open but they were flawless.

·
aka: SDK1968
7,717 Posts
dutigaf - - Holy Sheeettt, trying to get the verification question answered correctly is a pain in the arse (I guess that is what I get for having an account there at WG and not posting, lol). I posted to gmwilly's thread #2 and hope I can get on the list for one of the complete uppers.

That and the two uppers I bought from AIM recently ought to keep me happy for a few minutes, lol. The ones from aim didn't come with bolt carrier groups or charging handles, but that can be remedied. Here is the link to the ones I got from AIM Radical Firearms FGS .223/5.56 16 in. Barreled Receiver Hopefully they are decent, they sold out fast enough, lol.... :D

LMAO.... verification question... thats some more of my grammatically incorrect english. :) but dont worry i fixed it for ya.

as to GMWILLY: ive literally made DOZENS of multi unit purchases thru him. dude is as oak solid. NEVER a bad word said about him by anyone & overall he has about a thousand transactions on WG.

Reactions: sniper69

·
Always sore, always tired
6,781 Posts
Kind of interesting that the gun panic never really took off after Nappies speech. We want to see all vendors make a profit or they don't stay in business, but everyone wants a good deal. Ammo prices though have risen a bit. AR prices I checked at a local fun shop were running in the $625 range for a well put together S&W AR. Not all bad for us non FFL retail purchasers.
My friends over here at Tactical Machine are still selling great quality AR lowers for $49. Hell they were $120 a year or so ago during the last major Nappie panic.

AR-15 Lower Receiver Stripped
I would buy a few of these if they had them in .223. But all they show is .22 , 7.62 x 39 & 6.8spc.

I'll keep checking.

·
NoWorkCamp4Me
5,546 Posts
Just completed my first AR15 lower.
Spikes stripped lower w/Honey Badger Image = $100
DPMS lower parts kit--------------------------- = $80
ATI Pistol buffer tube assembly-------------- = $60
($240)
PSA has them listed as low as $130.
Now I need to find a complete upper for it so I don't need to borrow from my Anderson carbine.
-

·
Always sore, always tired
6,781 Posts
Railbuggy, how long will your barrel be?

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
H buffer in everything. Experimenting with tungsten thanks to mtdew. My man! High fives here .

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Seriously I'm running a 10.5 in. Barrel on my pistol. Have an 11.5 complete that runs i'll take to the funshow this weekend. Just don't need it. And yes in order for ar barrels to function properly COLT ran the numbers decades ago and the14.5barrel was the minimum at that time unless over gassed. Where you think the M4 came from? COLT has been selling or giving them to Israel forever. It's just a balance man, that's all.

·
NoWorkCamp4Me
5,546 Posts
I've read a little about adjustable gas blocks for fine tuning. 14.5 is not out of the question.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts