Gunco Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some ideas on locations in northern arizona for a vacation home for the family. would like to go fishing,hiking,mtn biking and shooting etc.any ideas? thanks rick

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Was searching for another thread and came upon your lonely post. Had to give you my 2 cents.
Best place to buy a vacation home in AZ. is Payson/Prescott Valley/Verde Valley area. I'll tell you why. You can get real nice property cheap if you stay away from major population centers. You know, a single or double wide outside of town. The weather is great in these areas. For example, Verde Valley which is where I live is fantastic temperature wise. All year round. it has to do with the altitude. In the middle of summer when it's 115 degrees in Phoenix(which is 1.25 hrs away) it's only 90 degrees in the Verde Valley/Sedona area. Still to hot? drive 40 minutes up I-17 to Flagstaff, and the temp will be 80-82 degrees on the same day. Middle of winter, it's 36 degrees in Flagstaff, drive 40 minutes south to Verde Valley it's 65 degrees(altitude) and everyone's playing golf. Still to cold? drive 1.25 hrs south and it's 78-85 degrees in Phoenix. You can shoot just about anywhere you want. There are so many desert roads to nowhere that it will take me the next 25 years to explore them all. Tax base is fantastic for withholding and property.
This just scratches the surface. Answer this post and I'll give you 100 more reasons to move to this area.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
viragos thanks for the info ill have to check out verde valley.ive been to prescott and was planning to check out payson.i want a place with in a day drive from san diego so we could use it often.would you know anything about cabin kits ?do people use these in n arizona? thanks for your response rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts