Gunco Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I'm broke as a crackhouse rat!!! I can't stand it! I can't even go because it would mean taking off work and I can't afford to at the moment.
:rant:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Me too....
So broke I cant pay attention...
But Ive mustered up $75 and the door charge...Mostly change though...
Ill be the sad looking guy walking around with a sock full of quarters hoping for a deal!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I hear ya guys. I told myself last year that I was going to make that show this Christmas no matter what and now it looks like next year :grumble: . The heck of it is I am pretty flush with cash this Christmas season as I bought out my partner in the business that I run but now there just is now way to afford the time to drive to Phoenix to attend as I live in So. Cal. Yes, you struck a nerve and this is really pissing me off at the moment. The one buddy I have that would go with me is a die hard rodeo fan and would not miss the NFR in Vegas this weekend if his life depended on it :mad: . :rant:

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had plans to buy kits, recievers, ect and just check out all the cool stuff. I have a buddy in PHX that had a ticket for me too. DAAAAMNIT

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm rolling in cash! I just can't find anything to buy....

Actually the opposite is true! :bawling:

·
Registered
102 Posts
ive never been to this show just didnt want to drive for 6 hours from so. cal. what is this show like?is it worth the drive next time? thanks rick

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I understand the show is like somewhere between Disneyland and Heaven. :) Most major companies represented, NFA stuff, ect.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It was allright I guess. It seemed like last year was better....
I found,
-AK bakelite bayo
-1k of 5.45x39
- and cool Marlin bolt action 22 with nice simmons scope for $60...

Itll make a good gift for a buddies 11 year old son...

Anyone going tomorrow?

Im gonna go back and see if there are any closing deals...

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was Arsenal Inc there? I would loved to have checked out their RPK's.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I spent about half the day there, and it seems like half the state of Arizona was there too. I didn't even see the whole thing, supposedly there was a live CW band playing somewhere, but I never saw or heard them, not a bad thing since I'm not a fan of CW music. I had money to spend, but came away with only a new range bag and a beater AK bayonet. I wanted an AR carbine upper, but prices were too high, and was thinking about picking up one of the police turn-in Glock 22's, but couldn't find one with night sights. I'd have bought a 74 kit if anyone had one. It's a huge show and my feet hurt after walking though it several times.

The weather sucked, it was cloudy when I left the house but I figured it would clear up and get warm, but instead it rained and got colder than a witches tit. I went in jeans and a T shirt and felt like a dumbass.

Since I only live 30 minutes away, I may go back tomorrow, but this time with a coat and hat!

BTW, saw JoeKen there under one of the tents. Tons of Vulcan receivers and finished AK rifles and pistols.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i have a question for you guys in arizona.where would be a good place in the northern half of the state for a vacation cabin/home.fishing hiking mtn biking and shooting with the family? thanks rick

·
Registered
102 Posts
Damn I went today and got another cz52 in VGC from J/G....
Broke dog this week...
Yea arsenal was there, they have some nice stuff for sure...
Fun time....:thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
We got one next weekend, ole Lupe will be looking for his holiday gift for himself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts