Gunco Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found myself at the store, chuckling at two magnetic car-ribbons being sold: "Support our troops" "God bless America".

As opposed to what?

"Down with the troops"?

"God damn America"?

Taken by how the message of both ribbons have come to mean, in operational terms, unquestioning support for Bush Administration policies. Seems that "Support our troops" and "God bless America" have been hijacked as effectively as the Communists had hijacked "Democratic" (e.g. Democratic Republic of Vietnam) and "Republic" (e.g. , Democratic Republic of Vietnam, People's Republic of China)

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
It's like the fish thing for Jesus freaks. We put these ribbons on our cars and then we can tell who the good guys are.

If you have no sticker then we don't know and you could be the timid. (Neutral)

If you have a Kerry Edwards sticker then we know to tailgate you and cut you off in traffic. :D

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Smeg, you seem to be getting more of a 1960's edge about all this.

Your lefty buddies in therapy starting to get to you?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Custer said:
...Your lefty buddies in therapy starting to get to you?
They're no longer in therapy. After the surgery, they drooled only a bit more than before and began voting Republican.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Only sticker I've got on my truck is "Kill em all - Let God sort em out". :D

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pogo said:
Only sticker I've got on my truck is "Kill em all - Let God sort em out". :D
One of the cool things about belonging to both the NRA and the ACLU is that you get to confuse the heck out of the person behind you by sporting a bumper sticker for each.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ever wonder what percentage of the proceeds from the sale of "I support troops" shit actually makes it to the troops in the form of cash or valuable items or services?

I'd bet it's reallllly friggin' small.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
3mean said:
Ever wonder what percentage of the proceeds from the sale of "I support troops" shit actually makes it to the troops in the form of cash or valuable items or services?

I'd bet it's reallllly friggin' small.
That's why I have a problem with a lot of organized charities. You ever see the salaries of the big shots in most of those?

·
No Member
1,941 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
Found myself at the store, chuckling at two magnetic car-ribbons being sold: "Support our troops" "God bless America".

As opposed to what?

"Down with the troops"?

"God damn America"?
I've got an old button somewhere that says "Guns for Christ". I think it's from the Vietnam era.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
tjames1 said:
I've got an old button somewhere that says "Guns for Christ". I think it's from the Vietnam era.
I can go along with that. I'll share something Jesus said about weapons:

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

A sword was the best weapon available back then. That's why I have a problem with some religions that say anti-gun is Biblical. They must be reading something different than I am.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I appreciate the post 9-11 patriotism and consider where funds go to be secondary.

People have been making money selling flags for years and I am just glad to see the flag and other pro USA expressions making a comeback after being in hiding for years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts