Gunco Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share the latest post from "[email protected]" from brand X regarding the long awaited "Horn recievers"....this is a hoot, see my comments in bold.
POST BEGINS HERE:

Okay guys, here is some info about our receivers. Van Horn, is as he said not building our receivers. A small company that has in the past and continues to build high-end very expensive bolt action custom rifles(That nobody in the gun world has ever heard of before) is doing most of the receiver work. They do not have a web site and we are not going to give out there contact information by request of the owner.(Hmmmmm.....High end bolt rifles to stamped AK recievers....that's a stretch!) He does not want to be inundated with calls and e-mails about there AK receivers.(Does he mark his "High End" bolt rifles with an electro pencil too?) The reason we are having supply issues is because we have had thousands of orders for these receivers.(ummmm......Thousands? Really?) We are also cut thin because of the huge demand for guns that we build on these receivers.(WHAT receivers?) We are now in the process of upgrading our tooling and machinery so that we can meet the overwhelming demand.(uh.....try Harbor Freight. Cheap prices, good fast service) Believe me I understand how frustrating this is for all of you. I too have builds that I want to complete and if I use one of the receivers that would be one less order we could fill and that is just not worth the headache.

To answer the question about the flats. We have tried Tapco's flats and yes we have used some of them.(yeah, thats why people are getting tapco flats marked "vulcan arms") Currently and in the future we will be using our own flats so that we have more control over the metal used (Anybody ever had a problem with a Tapco flat? ever?) and thus can be sure the proper heat treat process is used.(Horse puckey. These are mild steel, not any kind of funky alloy. It ain't rocket science) I am in no way saying anything bad about Tapco or there flats. I believe they are an upstanding company and that many of you are very happy with the products that they offer. I am simply saying that if we manufacture our own flats we can pass that discount on to you as well as be sure we are heat treating them correctly because we know exactly what metal they are made of. (Yeah, whatever's cheapest. Who is this guy trying to kid? It's not really that tough to manufacture a mild steel pressing, if you have the equipment. I don't believe for one second these guys are doing it themselves-it's being farmed out to somebody locally, probably a small local machine shop with a commercial press.)

If you have specific questions please ask. I will be posting some receiver pics tonight.Posted on 11/23, still no pictures, questions are always answered with "PM me".

·
Registered
704 Posts
This guy needs to go back to school. Their is the proper way to spell the word when refering to a person and not a place Like over there.LOL

·
Registered
138 Posts
They are such a joke. If the owner over there had any sense he would have dropped them months ago. BTW yall have any idea what the sponsors pay over there?

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
How to deal with joking.........

Fuck with joking and you get the .......horn

Attachments

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Do they think we all have IQs in the low 80's?

·
Registered
45 Posts
JoeKen is the most evasive company I've ever tried to do business with. Ask a question, even one that seems like a no brainer, like "who's making those parts for you", and instead of either telling you or just telling you it's none of your business, they'll either ignore you, avoid the question, or hand you such a load of BS that it's comical. They must really think we're stupid, because they've handed me lines that a bright 4th grader wouldn't believe.

What amazes me is that even with all the negative press they've gotten, their are people who still order from them. Every gun message board on the internet, with the exception of Gunsnet, is flooded with warnings about Joeken. And Gunsnet would be flooded too except they delete them as fast as people can post them. How do they stay in business?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe they stay in business by catering to the licensed FFL customers at the expense of the average Joe.
Your average Joe spends, what, $100? $150 maybe? The average FFL dealer purchase probably runs in the thousands.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
3rdpig said:
JoeKen is the most evasive company I've ever tried to do business with. Ask a question, even one that seems like a no brainer, like "who's making those parts for you", and instead of either telling you or just telling you it's none of your business, they'll either ignore you, avoid the question, or hand you such a load of BS that it's comical. They must really think we're stupid, because they've handed me lines that a bright 4th grader wouldn't believe.

What amazes me is that even with all the negative press they've gotten, their are people who still order from them. Every gun message board on the internet, with the exception of Gunsnet, is flooded with warnings about Joeken. And Gunsnet would be flooded too except they delete them as fast as people can post them. How do they stay in business?

He keeps this up and this will unravel him completely. You can only last so long doing stuff like that.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Those of us who know should know better. Think of all the poor folks who have no internet access getting screwed by those impressive SGN advertisements...

·
Chinese Connection
2,094 Posts
They won't, because ATF will not renew Joeken's FFL next year, let's said they pissed off wrong peoples this time

·
Chinese Connection
2,094 Posts
well story back a year ago, My dealer order 20 Vulcan Reciver for me, Joeken took the money and never shipping the recivers, my dealer happend know few good old peoples working at DC offices,like FBI , ATF, IRS....few phone calls of old friends. that is all I know for now

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I'm surprised no one complained to Shotgun News about their deceptive business practices. I think if they hear enough complaints about a business they stop taking their adds.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.