Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since some of the people I really appreciate from the other board have landed here, it is my honor to land here for a visit from time to time. (Not you D.B. just kidding),

No I am not leaving the other place for good or any other place. This is just another forum where some of my friends are, that's all. Every forum administrator or owner has the right to run their business as they seem fit and I will not argue with their decision or outcome. It would be great if everybody could just get along, but greed is a bad thing.

Anyhow........Sang, how are you kid?, how is the family doing? fill me in, haven't spoken to you in a while, Custer told me you were in a hospital a while back, I hope you are ok now.

Lupe, I spoke to Don, he told me you were here from time to time, I missed your pictures and humor.

And to the rest of you guys who know me from other places...Hi.

Can I land now?

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Hey Aviator!

Things are okay with me physically except food poisoning I had on Monday (my wife and 2 year old got it too). I finally had the stitches from near death experience taken out about 2 weeks ago that Custer told you about.

You might find a post about my little girl and her troubles, it's been a bad year for my family.

Anayway, I do have a new little boy who is doing fine at 5 months old.

Is that little girl still keeping the old man running? How are your sons doing? One was a Fireman and the other researcher of plants I believe? Your wife is still the dean of that college and doing well?

Can you believe I remember all that?

What a lot of people do not rememebr or know about me is I have a mind like a trap and I keep everyting until one day my head will expolde :D

Great to have you here!

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
PS we do not care what other forums you frequent, You're always welcome here.

I myself, check into 4 or 5 daily, but I'm usually here at home base.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
:) Man, you have no idea how happy I am to see good friends like you aviator dropping in here. This is a friendly place and you will be right at home.:) :) :) :)

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
7.62x39 said:
PS we do not care what other forums you frequent, You're always welcome here.

I myself, check into 4 or 5 daily, but I'm usually here at home base.
Yeah, What he said.

Welcome Aviator. Seriously I met most all these good folks on the other bd. and there are still many great people over there. It is just the landlord's isn't as nice.

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Darn, I had a sentimental response to your welcoming me here, but before I hit the submit button, there was a power surge and lost it all.

Thank you guys. Now if I only knew who was the guy who signed up at the other place just to insult me I would be happy.

Sang, the boy is already 5 months old?..... man, time sure goes fast, doesn't it?

Yeah, nothing has really changed here, I still sell real estate and the wife is still a Dean at Miami-Dade College and the oldest boy is working for USDA and getting his PhD and the younger boy, got turned down at the third round of fireman tests for the county, so he's going back to school to pursue a telecommunication carreer and putting the firefighter thing on hold for a while, and the little girl is almost 4 and driving us all crazy.

I hope everything is getting back to normal on your end, Custer had told me something about you in the hospital but didn't go into details.

And for those of you who don't know me, I'm a big cuban guy who owns a real estate company and fly airplanes for therapy in South Florida. If you need real estate advice drop me a PM or ask here, I'll do my best to help you out.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Aviator,

Time does fly with little ones around, sorry to hear about your son and the firefighter thisng. I had a friend that took many years to get on with a good department.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Thanks Aviator.:rolleyes:
You're clear to land... as long as you hang onto a couple of those big green bales you usually toss out the side of your plane as you fly into South Florida.

:D

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Custer........I think of you as a friend, I have said before, if there is a person I can really relate to it's you......

DB, thanks for welcoming me.....I was kidding, the only thing I hold against you is wanting to go to Cuba to spend that money you stole there :slap:

·
Registered
276 Posts
How many houses in south Florida can I buy if I sell my house in San Diego? ;)

I run a small real estate Appraisal business here (5 appraisers) and we are having a tough time keeping up with the appreciation. Some areas of the county have had over 100% in the past year. :eek:

Anyways, welcome. I don't think we ran into each other at the "other place", I mostly hung out in the C&R forum. GG

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
aviator said:
Custer........I think of you as a friend, I have said before, if there is a person I can really relate to it's you......
:
Thanks, Aviator, the feeling is mutual.

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Gordon......Fred's the name here.....

Appriciation in South Florida is about 15% to 20% per year for the last 4 or 5 years in a row. It's tough selling to fixed income people, that's why I personally try to do commercial more than residential. I own a small real estate office down here with about 10 other salespeople, not getting rich, but making a living.

Thanks for the welcoming.

Chief....:thankyou:

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
You guys will have to try harder than this to get away from me!

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mr. Bluedog himself........no, I am not trying to get away from you or any one else, as a matter of facts there are a lot of good people at the "other" place. I just dislike when a store owner mistreats their clients...that's why I'm shopping someplace else.

Welcome sir....even if you are a La......:)

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
aviator said:
Mr. Bluedog himself........no, I am not trying to get away from you or any one else, as a matter of facts there are a lot of good people at the "other" place. I just dislike when a store owner mistreats their clients...that's why I'm shopping someplace else.

Welcome sir....even if you are a La......:)
I guess I've just been lucky. Most folks treat me pretty well, including the management.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts