Gunco Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you have a Aztecguns.com Mosin? I hope to order a 91/30 sometime this week. My excitement about it has gotten 2 coworkers interested in C&R guns.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I don't own one from them, but I have never heard a bad thing about Aztec. I've only hear high praise of them.

The ones I got from AIM were great and supposedly AZTEC picks the cherries.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SangRun Hunter said:
I don't own one from them, but I have never heard a bad thing about Aztec. I've only hear high praise of them.

The ones I got from AIM were great and supposedly AZTEC picks the cherries.
Taking the 'tour' of Aztecs site gives me the impression that they imported thier own. Should I spring a little extra for a hex reciever or tula? I been considering the Hex. From what I read, the Hex are prewar and may have a little cleaner machine work. Any thoughts on that?

For what is it worth, I also hear that AIM has some really nice Mosins.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
mbakercad said:
Taking the 'tour' of Aztecs site gives me the impression that they imported thier own. Should I spring a little extra for a hex reciever or tula? I been considering the Hex. From what I read, the Hex are prewar and may have a little cleaner machine work. Any thoughts on that?

For what is it work, I also read that AIM has some really nice Mosins.
A hex is always a nice one to get. I have a 1936 non-hex 91/30 from AIM and it's gorgeous!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
AIM lists their Russian 91/30 as being the best priced and best quality. Generally they under rate their products and they are outstandingly nice. As far as prices go, Aztec's seem to be $10 cheaper than AIM's which wouldn't support AIM's claim that they are the cheapest around. Has anyone been able to directly compare quality of AIM's Mosin's vs. Aztec's Mosins? I am seriously thinking about ordering one.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I bought the 91-30, M44 and M38 from Aztec about a month ago.

I am very happy with them, especially for the price.

I would not hesitate to order from AIM, either. While I did not get a Mosin from AIM, I have been pleased with all the other rifles I bought from them.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yosuthnmasa said:
AIM lists their Russian 91/30 as being the best priced and best quality. Generally they under rate their products and they are outstandingly nice. As far as prices go, Aztec's seem to be $10 cheaper than AIM's which wouldn't support AIM's claim that they are the cheapest around. Has anyone been able to directly compare quality of AIM's Mosin's vs. Aztec's Mosins? I am seriously thinking about ordering one.
Both AIM and Aztec are supposed to have some of the best. We got out Aztec91/30's in. I have pics posted in another thread. I read that the AIM mosins are sometimes counterbored...not sure what that really means though.

I think AIM may have Century imported Mosins while Aztec imported thier own.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Then I might just save myself 10 bucks and go with Aztec and use it towards a Hex receiver or hand select fee!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts