Gunco Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
-Please help Barrel question-

I've just finished pressing the pin out of the barrel...Which was pretty simple.
But the problem that I ran into was getting the barrel out.
I did manage to remove the barrel, But hacking away at it kind of marred up ONE side of the breach or outer housing of the barrel that I've indicated in the pic below.
My question is.....After I dress it up with the trusty drimel is this going to effect the head space or pressure of the barrel chamber? Or keep it from locking?
Everything else is ok, And like I said it's only (ONE) side of the corner in the pic. from hammering the barrel out with loose change "literally".
It's actually the corner of the groove that's all.
This is not my barrel in the pic, It's just a reference.
Thanks alot,
-Shadow- :)

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Just polish it with a dremel and you should be fine. The missing area from the barrel is the "ejector notch" or "ejector groove" and is there to let the ejector fit once a barrel is properly headspaced. You could trim it down some and still be OK.

There's something strange about that pic. The bullet ramp is missing, and some material has been removed... but it looks like that is an over-sized hole, like perhaps a 9mm barrel, with a sleeve around it? Curious.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jerry,

You're right, there does look like a little difference in the pic.
This isn't mine, just a reference.
Thanks so much for the reply!
Keep it hot man......Later,
-Neill- A.K.A -Shadow-

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
thanks for the email buddy.
I am going to agree!!! honestly I would say you are fine. dremil and polish it off and forget about it. you describe it as prety minor, and that is a very ruged section. I hope we get more pics as it comes along , and when it is done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts