Gunco Forums banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
AKOK said:
O dear god......you do realize you two look like a couple of gay ******** that just got married with that parts kit draging behind your truck:rofl:
I once worked with a fella that told me ?all a man really needed to make it in Georgia was a quart of moonshine and a good chicken? any truth to that?

·
Registered
138 Posts
GusB said:
I once worked with a fella that told me ?all a man really needed to make it in Georgia was a quart of moonshine and a good chicken? any truth to that?
Ild probably add a shotgun to that short list....did I mention that while I dont make shine I do make my own beer:cheers:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Make mine a 40oz of Schlitz :cheers:

·
Nationalistic Infidel.
698 Posts
Damn Magnus! :smilie_sc I think battle field pickup is an understatement. It looks as if someone was holding it while a bomb went off under there feet causing it to fly through the air then skidd down the road for a couple hundred yards.

You know if you want the real Jihad Joe look you can send it to me for refinishing here in AZ. I would pull it behind my Pathfinder through miles of authentic natural desert sand and dirt. Next to really make it look like it took years to get the well worn aged look I would rub it religiously against one of the many Palm and Date Palm trees we have here untill some of the hard edges were polished and smoothed up a tad.
Lastly I would have to put some drops of blood splatter here and there and then take a wiz on it so the patina can come out after a few days of being burried in compost. That should give you the authentic look you want.

BTW I can place brass tacks and such on the wood upon request if you want the tribal warlord look instead of just the straight Jihad Joe look. :cheers:

·
Polak
214 Posts
Well, I came from the land of Vandals, but something like that?

Not getting personal with our venerable talker M. but look like recent church burnings for a joke.:rofl:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dude me and a buddy of mine torture tested a romy once (didn't drag it behind a truck though) although we buried it in sand, and didn't clean it, it worked after that. Left it in the lake for a week, it worked after that. Fired about 3500 rounds through it with out cleaning it after all that, I can't say it worked flawlessly, but no major stoppages, nothing that jacking the bolt back couldn't fix. Goes to show how tough the design is, I had a blast battle testing mine, I hope you did too.
Tommy

·
Registered
10 Posts
magnus392 said:
Well for starters it is just an AK...a Romy at that! Had I not had several more that looks just like it I might not have done it:D

Far as looking like it got drug down a road...Yeah, but I am sure worse has happened in the field;)

And it shoots fine still this one just has more character than the rest, so no waste has gone on here!
personally i would have used a wire brush and high count sand paper...

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Oh man I forgot about your battlefield "dragged behind my" pick up rifle. I agree with you Magnus this thread always gets me laughing. I'd like to see an M-16 after this finishing technique.:eek:

41 - 60 of 74 Posts